Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which hardware will Apple release during WWDC 203?

• retina MacBook Pro

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • non-retina MacBook Pro

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • retina MacBook Air

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • non-retina MacBook Air

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Mac Pro

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Other

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skaertus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Criswell Predicts:

There will be a bunch of Devs and Press in attendance.

The words "amazing","fantastic", and "magical" will be horribly overused.

An incredible number of people will follow the live blog.

An even more incredible number of people will watch the video, when released.

A large number of people will be amazed and thrilled by what is presented.

An even larger number of people will bitch and moan about what was NOT presented.

A large number of people will complain that Tim Cook is not as good as what's-his-name was.

I know more, but i'm not telling...

:rolleyes:

Wow! I don't know where you get these.

People will not even care when Scott Forstall takes the stage at WWDC 2013 to reveal that he is the new Apple CEO replacing Tim Cook, and unveils the iTV, the iWatch, the MacBook Air/Pro Fusion, the iPhone 6 nano, the iPod Shuffle with the retina display and the new Mac Pro with 300 cores and 12 video cards.

Mark my words.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Surely.....

my bet is for a new Mac Pro. But I recognize, that will be hard to get as I had visualized it: Same form factor, better I/O options, more RAM available, better graphics support.....

Not always new is the best. But I suppose all must wait and see. Hopefully, Apple can give us a good suprise in June....:D

:):apple:

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Anything we'd expect to see at WWDC, including a new Mac Pro, will be AWOL. Apple has become synonymous with disappointment

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Anything we'd expect to see at WWDC, including a new Mac Pro, will be AWOL. Apple has become synonymous with disappointment

Other way around:
Rumour sites kick the expectations sky high. The logical consequence is disappointment.

Apple just say the minimum:
iOS 7 and OS X 10.9

All other expectations are made here.

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Other way around:
Rumour sites kick the expectations sky high. The logical consequence is disappointment.

iOS 7 and OS X 10.9

That's a good way to think about the WWDC, one I will try to take to heart.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Other way around:

iOS 7 and OS X 10.9

An upgrade of current Macs to include a Haswell processor would be welcome. It's been one year since (most of) the laptops received an upgrade. I have my cross fingers that Haswell MacBooks will be released during the WWDC (as I would be in the U.S. in June, I will benefit from that), but I don't keep my expectations high, because I know it's unlikely that any of them is unveiled during the event...

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
At this point, we all know that Apple is going to reveal iOS 7 and OS X 10.9 at WWDC. It's right on Apple's announcement (http://www.apple.com/wwdc), so it's pretty much a lock at this point. No surprises here.

Apple, realizing that the market for PCs is drying up, and that there is little more that can be done to upgrade OS X, will announce that they're going to expand Macintosh market penetration by re-licensing the Mac operating system to clone makers.

Steve Ballmer's head immediately explodes.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
I think it's very much going to follow the format of last year.

-Tim Cook takes the stage.
-Updates on retail, App Store, iTunes and iBooks.
-Phil Schiller introduced modestly spec-bumped MacBook Airs, MBPs and maybe Retina MBPs.
-Mac freakin' Pro. Available next month. Made in USA.
-Great hardware deserves great software (blah, blah, blah).
-Craig Federhigi introduces OS X 10.9. Available in late Summer (more vague than setting an actual month because of the OS X teams work on iOS 7).
-Craig stays on stage to debut iOS 7 with new features, including all the rumoured features (redesign, etc.). Also includes lots of improvements for Apple TV including an App Store. New apps debuting today including one from The CW (like what was, I think prematurely, announced last week) and other content partners. iOS 7 is available in the Autumn/Fall. Beta to developers today.
-Tim Cook returns to the stage. Thank you for coming, have a great week (blah, blah, blah).

The end.

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I think it's very much going to follow the format of last year.

-Tim Cook takes the stage.
-Updates on retail, App Store, iTunes and iBooks.
-Phil Schiller introduced modestly spec-bumped MacBook Airs, MBPs and maybe Retina MBPs.
-Mac freakin' Pro. Available next month. Made in USA.
-Great hardware deserves great software (blah, blah, blah).
-Craig Federhigi introduces OS X 10.9. Available in late Summer (more vague than setting an actual month because of the OS X teams work on iOS 7).
-Craig stays on stage to debut iOS 7 with new features, including all the rumoured features (redesign, etc.). Also includes lots of improvements for Apple TV including an App Store. New apps debuting today including one from The CW (like what was, I think prematurely, announced last week) and other content partners. iOS 7 is available in the Autumn/Fall. Beta to developers today.
-Tim Cook returns to the stage. Thank you for coming, have a great week (blah, blah, blah).

The end.

Pretty much this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.