Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:59 PM   #1
Suraj R.
macrumors regular

Logic X?

When do you think Apple will release a Logic X? Logic 9's been out for a while now, and I think its time for them to release a new update. Do you even think they will anytime soon? Apple neither made an iLife 12 or 13, so I'm kind of skeptical towards whether or not they're working on a product that appeals to so little of their market. Many people use Final Cut X (you don't have to be a video enthusiast to use it, you could just use it to edit some videos), but Logic on the other hand isn't so.

Hopefully we get one soon?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:21 PM   #2
pdjudd
macrumors 68040

We can hope so but honestly nobody really knows what is going on with Logic. I wouldn't draw much conclusions by bringing up iLife as a comparison. Apple has gone a couple of years between releases before so iLife isn't too late with that.

Software like Logic can take time to release major versions - it is not, after all consumer grade software.
pdjudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:39 PM   #3
Suraj R.
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjudd View Post
We can hope so but honestly nobody really knows what is going on with Logic. I wouldn't draw much conclusions by bringing up iLife as a comparison. Apple has gone a couple of years between releases before so iLife isn't too late with that.

Software like Logic can take time to release major versions - it is not, after all consumer grade software.
All we can do is wait I guess. Nothings wrong with Logic 9, so waiting for a better release doesn't have any compromises.

Last edited by Suraj R.; Feb 19, 2013 at 05:55 AM.
Suraj R. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:40 PM   #4
pdjudd
macrumors 68040

It is and it is what Apple intends for us to do.
pdjudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio