Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2, 2013, 09:02 PM   #51
2012Tony2012
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
2012Tony2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
I completely agree that the developer deserves a reward for making such great software. I'm discussing the functionality, not the economics.
So you have been using the paid version for awhile?
2012Tony2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 10:31 PM   #52
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Tony2012 View Post
So you have been using the paid version for awhile?
I'm still using 3.4.7, as I'm still on Snow Leopard.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 04:48 PM   #53
2012Tony2012
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
2012Tony2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
I'm still using 3.4.7, as I'm still on Snow Leopard.
So why didn't you pay for the latest version if you say that developers should be supported and rewarded and deserve it?

Do as you say, don't do as you do eh? lol
2012Tony2012 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 08:17 PM   #54
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Tony2012 View Post
So why didn't you pay for the latest version if you say that developers should be supported and rewarded and deserve it?

Do as you say, don't do as you do eh? lol
The fact that I use the earlier version has nothing to do with whether I contributed to the developer. I simply have no need to use a newer version if the version I have works perfectly well. I don't upgrade for the sake of upgrading, just because a newer version is available, as evidenced by the fact that I prefer to run SL instead of ML.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 08:36 PM   #55
JoeRito
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New England, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Many people do. Both work just the same.
True. I recommend buying the commercial product. It runs flawlessly, is supported, and the developer deserves his $ for such a refined product. CCC was recommended to me on this site and I love it.
__________________
MBP 15 , MBA 13 , iPad Air 64 , 92 lb Chocolate Lab
JoeRito is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 08:40 PM   #56
2012Tony2012
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
2012Tony2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRito View Post
True. I recommend buying the commercial product. It runs flawlessly, is supported, and the developer deserves his $ for such a refined product. CCC was recommended to me on this site and I love it.
GG doesn't agree because he doesn't want or need to buy the latest version
2012Tony2012 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 08:48 PM   #57
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Tony2012 View Post
GG doesn't agree because he doesn't want or need to buy the latest version
What does it matter to you which versions or which apps I choose to use? I buy apps to suit my needs, not to meet the expectations of others.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion through App Store from bootleg version of Lion? TheBoothGuy1 OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 3 Jul 21, 2013 09:29 AM
Running not-purchased version of Mountain Lion and want to install original version! LvdT MacBook Pro 4 May 16, 2013 08:31 PM
What are the limitations to the free version of CCC? Roc P. Mac Applications and Mac App Store 3 Aug 23, 2012 08:28 PM
Mountain Lion: GM vs. Final Version chrf097 Wasteland 17 Aug 5, 2012 02:57 AM
Mountain Lion GM Version jesarg24 OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 59 Jul 22, 2012 10:50 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps