Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Used to have iphone 3Gs and then a 4, didn't like 4S so bought a Sensation XE and then a Galaxy S3.

I'm mainly an Apple man and have iPad 2, iMac, Apple TV, kids getting an iPad mini for Xmas etc.

I like my S3, just all my Apple stuff is making me think of getting an iPhone 5, no other reason really!

I know I will miss the pull down for shortcuts to BT,WiFi etc and the swype and swiftkey keyboards

I've just bought a new iMac on the UK 0% deal, and the scheme runs till Jan.

I know if I post in here people will shout iPhone, and in Android/S3 people will shout S3, but I was wondering if anyone had done the same, or any comments.

I expect I'd get about £280 for my S3 so another £250 need for iPhone 5. I should really wait for the 5S, I've only had my S3 since June...

I now use Google music for streaming, there isn't an official app, but there is a gmusic one which I've bought to test on my iPad and seems to be working fine

Cheers

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Sounds like an iPhone fits into your ecosystem better. That's really all.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
Used to have iphone 3Gs and then a 4, didn't like 4S so bought a Sensation XE and then a Galaxy S3.

I'm mainly an Apple man and have iPad 2, iMac, Apple TV, kids getting an iPad mini for Xmas etc.

I like my S3, just all my Apple stuff is making me think of getting an iPhone 5, no other reason really!

I know I will miss the pull down for shortcuts to BT,WiFi etc and the swype and swiftkey keyboards

I've just bought a new iMac on the UK 0% deal, and the scheme runs till Jan.

I know if I post in here people will shout iPhone, and in Android/S3 people will shout S3, but I was wondering if anyone had done the same, or any comments.

I expect I'd get about £280 for my S3 so another £250 need for iPhone 5. I should really wait for the 5S, I've only had my S3 since June...

I now use Google music for streaming, there isn't an official app, but there is a gmusic one which I've bought to test on my iPad and seems to be working fine

Cheers

Is there anything you missed when you switched from the iPhone 4 to the Sensation?

Take those points and compare them to features you'll miss moving from the S3. Then you can actually decide for yourself.

AppleNewsTech

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2012
Same Happened To Me

When the S3 came out, I instantly wanted it. I've had dumb phones up until the iPhone 4S, which I liked, but didn't love. When I got the S3, I really liked it, but again, didn't love it. I am have all Apple stuff, but with Android, things started to change. I found it to be harder to use, and it didn't have all of the great things of iOS, like iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime, and the extensive App Store. When I decided to try the Black & Slate iPhone 5, everything changed. This phone looks and works flawlessly, and I have no regrets what-so-ever. In all honesty, I recommend that you do get the iPhone 5. It feels AMAZING in the hand, unlike the GS3's plastic cheap look. The colors are outstanding, and the OS works better than any mobile device I've ever tried. I really do recommend that you purchase the (BLACK!!!) iPhone 5.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
The GS3 is a nice phone but I think an iPhone will fit you better seeing as you are in the ecosystem.

I use a lot of products and never had any issues when it comes to ecosystems when using Android. I still use iTunes for my music library, contacts/calender with Google and have no issues with sharing files using Dropbox.

----------

It feels AMAZING in the hand, unlike the GS3's plastic cheap look. The colors are outstanding, and the OS works better than any mobile device I've ever tried. I really do recommend that you purchase the (BLACK!!!) iPhone 5.

That's an opinion, I actually cannot stand the feel of the iPhone 4/4s/5 in my hands, the sharp edges are really not comfortable to hold when making phone calls.

----------

Definitely go for it.. S3 sucks, i've tried it

Very constructive... :rolleyes:

karuk

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
I jumped from the GNexus to the iPhone 5. Tired of the value of Android phones dropping like a rock. IOS is boring compared to android though.

The S3 is a sweet phone and has a lot more tweaking potential. The screen is brilliant and the with the premium pack coming it will be the best Android phone available.

The challenges with the S3 and android in general are battery life and updates. 2 managers in our company have the S3. Both travel a lot and they have to manage battery life or carry a second and sometimes 3rd battery to get through a full day at a trade show. Updates go through the carriers her in the US so we wait a long time in some cases to get new features.

Gaming on a phone with a bigger screen is so much better it's difficult to describe. The iPhone 5 even suffers by comparison.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.