Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
OK, so I have installed ios7 on my iphone 4 as in initial test before I put it on my ip5. Overall, things are working OK. BUT, the light purple internal color of my folders has got to go! :eek: I have been all through settings, and accessibility. ??? does anyone know how to change the folder colors? Please!?:confused:

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
It doesn't on the iPhone 4. There is still transparency but nothing is changing color. On Apple's website the demo mockup shows the proper way, so it is possible it may just be a bug. Panoramic wallpapers work and that's way more power-intensive, so it shouldn't be a limitation of the iP4.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
It doesn't on the iPhone 4. There is still transparency but nothing is changing color. On Apple's website the demo mockup shows the proper way, so it is possible it may just be a bug. Panoramic wallpapers work and that's way more power-intensive, so it shouldn't be a limitation of the iP4.

It's a bug in the current beta.

The builds shown at WWDC and the iOS 7 website are reportedly newer than beta 1, which makes sense considering there a several key design differences.

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Update: I am happy to report that the file color WILL change with a change in wallpaper color - BUT, I had to power down and restart the phone to get the change to appear. At least that's something! Thanks to all for the responses.:D

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Update: I am happy to report that the file color WILL change with a change in wallpaper color - BUT, I had to power down and restart the phone to get the change to appear. At least that's something! Thanks to all for the responses.:D

Yeah, it's a bug. It should hopefully be fixed.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
On a predominantly black wallpaper my folders are a kind of stone / concrete colour, which is not very attractive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.