Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsneakahead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Hey Everyone,

There is one contact in which my iMessage will sporadically "die" and will fail to send as an iMessage. Whether I'm on WiFi, LTE or 3G (even with 3+ bars of WiFi), the message bar at the top after I click send will zoom past and then the message will stay blue for about 5 minutes, after which I check back and it ended up going through as an SMS.

I have tried resetting all network settings, resetting all settings, and even restoring my iPhone as a new iPhone. None of these worked.

I have also turned On/Off iMessage, WiFi, and Airplane mode. These are all temporary solutions. I made sure that in my iMessage settings only my number is selected as a send/receive option, and completely turned off iMessage on my computer (Mac OS X Lion).

I did not have these issues running iOS 6 (betas) on my iPhone 4S.

Have you guys faced any similar problems? Come up with any solutions?

mrsneakahead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
I thought that may be the case, but I've had her (my girlfriend) perform all the same "fixes." On her end, the issue only occurs when texting me as well.

mrsneakahead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Anyone have any idea? We have both swapped out and got new iPhone 5's from Apple now.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Try Settings > Messages > iMessage
Turn iMessage off and then turn it back on and ask for her to do the same. Had a similar issue and that fixed it. Lat me know how it goes

Rickity Rick

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2007
Actually I'm having the same issue with my friend. It seems as if his iMessage is down, but mine is working fine.

This is so weird.

Hawtin

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
I'm also having this issue with one particular contact. I'm on iPhone 5 with iOS6.0.1 and they have a 4 on iOS6. The issue sorts itself out after about 30 mins but its only ever with that one contact.

violence

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
Try sending the iMessage to her Apple ID instead of her phone number. This fixed the issue for me.

Rickity Rick

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2007
I'm also having this issue with one particular contact. I'm on iPhone 5 with iOS6.0.1 and they have a 4 on iOS6. The issue sorts itself out after about 30 mins but its only ever with that one contact.

Yeah. My friend is on the iPhone 5 running iOS 6.0.1 and I'm on the iPhone 4 running iOS 6.0.1.

It's rather annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.