Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Toops
macrumors newbie

Anyone Brought their new iMac at the retail store?

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone was able to get their new iMac ( late 2012) at the apple retail store?, so far in NYC all of them don't have any in stock, dont even have a 21 in which i want xd, but they do have display models out.

Before anyone bash me for not ordering online, the ups/FedEx driver for where I live (midtown) are terrible and careless with packages, I had numerous packages deliver to the wrong address.
Toops is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:06 PM   #2
sounddesigner
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toops View Post
Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone was able to get their new iMac ( late 2012) at the apple retail store?, so far in NYC all of them don't have any in stock, dont even have a 21 in which i want xd, but they do have display models out.

Before anyone bash me for not ordering online, the ups/FedEx driver for where I live (midtown) are terrible and careless with packages, I had numerous packages deliver to the wrong address.
I have not got one but in Indiana apple store I have called and they have mainly got base models and when they are in stock they sell out pretty fast. The guy at the apple store said they should catch up in mid January
sounddesigner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:56 PM   #3
jae999
macrumors newbie

I've called the Apple stores around here (Philly) and they have all said they have 0 iMacs of any kind.
jae999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:47 AM   #4
crows
macrumors member

have you looked into ordering online but selecting in-store pickup if available? that would solve your problem entirely by having it delivered to them which is a day to day known location for the ups/FedEx drop offs...
crows is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:28 AM   #5
dolemite45
macrumors newbie

My uncle bought his base 21 at the store in Metrotown (Vancouver, BC) on the 20th.

The sales person said they had no 27s or the high end 21s and very little of the base 21.
dolemite45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:57 AM   #6
Toops
macrumors newbie

Nah ordering ordering online and picking up in store is not available, if it was I would've done it already. This sucks lol I thought the store should have gotten plenty of base model 21in and the high end one and reading around the forums it seems like the demand is mostly BTO 27inch w: fusion.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:38 AM   #7
clipsmeyer
macrumors newbie

I picked up mine a few weeks ago 27" i7 8gb ram 1tb fusion drive, and 680 video card. I picked up mine at the Florida mall in Orlando
clipsmeyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:44 AM   #8
Khperformance
macrumors newbie

I pick up an 27" loaded with student discount at Lenox mall in Atlanta ga dec 23
Khperformance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:15 AM   #9
vhp3
macrumors regular

I picked up my 27" i7 / fusion at Fair Oaks Mall on Dec. 15th.
vhp3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:55 AM   #10
Toops
macrumors newbie

Seems like apple stores that is not win NYC have them.. I've been trying to see if any of my local apple store have the 21in high end w/o fusion but no luck, thy do have at least 12 on display...
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:01 PM   #11
LogicPro
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toops View Post
Seems like apple stores that is not win NYC have them.. I've been trying to see if any of my local apple store have the 21in high end w/o fusion but no luck, thy do have at least 12 on display...
Yes. Been calling Apple stores in NYC just for fun, they say they won't get them until Jan.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Imperius*Rex
macrumors newbie

got lucky. called they had one in stock and held it for me. 27 ultimate
Imperius*Rex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:32 PM   #13
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Very strange, I've called most of the stores here in the SF Bay Area and all of them don't have them, have not had them, and say they likely won't have them for some time. They all have the demo unit on display, however.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac