Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:23 PM   #76
DarkSel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
My two Macs…
Sounds like you got quite the bargain. I agree with the other poster...once you put 10+ hours of work into a computer, it starts to have a personality.

I was planning on selling this Powerbook later this year, but I've since decided to keep it as memory for my labor.

On my local Craigslist, there are plenty of broken iBooks for sale very cheap. I'll pick some up later to see what I can do. Since I've repaired this Powerbook, it feels like I can repair any other laptop without difficulty

Last edited by DarkSel; Dec 30, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
DarkSel is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:23 PM   #77
mike457
macrumors 6502

Congratulations to DarkSel on completing an exciting job! It's beautiful to get these machines working again!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:45 PM   #78
eyoungren
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSel View Post
Sounds like you got quite the bargain. I agree with the other post...once you put 10+ hours of work into a computer, it starts to have a personality.

I was planning on selling this Powerbook later this year, but I've since decided to keep it as memory for my labor.

On my local Craigslist, there are plenty of broken iBooks for sale very cheap. I'll pick some up later to see what I can do. Since I've repaired this Powerbook, it feels like I can repair any other laptop without difficulty
Yes, and you have a good deal too. The 12" PB is an awesome Mac, and you got it for a good price, even if it's a pain to work on.

The other post about personality is right on. When you put yourself in to it it's kind of hard to let it go.

If you ever get a 15" or 17" PB you won't know what to do with the extra work room.

Congratulations on getting this machine working and I hope you enjoy the fruit of your labor. It's just a great feeling to see something you've worked hard on functioning and doing what it's meant to do.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs