Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:45 PM   #51
bobright
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpayne2k View Post
Take of yer beer goggles, mate! Just kidding...

Do you run your brightness super low or super high? Usually brightness pays a factor into eyestrain for me, not font sizes.

Also, I typically use Chrome on my iMac 27" and scale pages at 125% and set minimum font size to 12, 13 or 14. Did you try that?
You can do this within Chrome or by extension? If so which one?
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:56 PM   #52
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcosparky View Post
Who the hell uses a Credit Card to buy a computer? It's not like a computer is a major expense.

Of course walking into the Apple Store and buying three iMacs with cash causes confusion. They need to bring in two witnesses to watch the cash being counted.

I love the guys at the Apple Store in Christiana Mall ( Delaware ) they always greet me with a smile and their hands held open ( to take my money ).

I got there because there is no sales tax, and when you buy three or more Apple computers at once that 6% adds up.
I always love that response. Who buys a computer with a credit card? Those who want an additional 4% cash back (my case), or those who want 3,500 airline miles (some others motivation)... Just because you chose to use a form of payment which hasn't been mainstream since the 1950's, don't act like buying on a credit card is so strange.

Buying on a credit card gives you an extra level of protection in the event of a purchase dispute, warranty issue, return period extension, not to mention the loyalty points or cash back. You completely contradict yourself when you talk about how quickly 6% off adds up, yet fail to see how 10% off would add up even more.

Just because you may not be responsible enough to buy it on a credit card, then give your "cash" to the credit card company, don't discredit the method as some foreign way to buy.
shenan1982 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:03 PM   #53
jido
macrumors member

I like the resolution, but most of the time I sit away from the display and set it to 1600x900. For image-related work I sit next to it at full res. Would love an option to use full-res pictures and fonts in 1600x900.
jido is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:36 PM   #54
Chris Blount
macrumors 65816

I agree. 27" can be too big. I wanted the real estate as well so I got the 21.5" iMac and a second screen next to it to get the real estate I wanted without having one big 27" screen. Works nicely for me.
Chris Blount is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:19 PM   #55
beerglass007
macrumors 6502

Brought and setup the 21.5" and all good now guys

Thanks for all the help

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac