Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ricanlegend

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Bronx,Ny
Mmm. I did stay with it for a couple months, which I think is long enough for me to tell if it fits my needs. Doing work on it was impossible since I needed to compare spreadsheets with programming data. Gave it away for that reason and to me, the bezel is hideous.

That's also my problem why soo much bezel ? If you take out all that bezel you could easily fit a 13 inch screen that would be amazing

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2012
That's also my problem why soo much bezel ? If you take out all that bezel you could easily fit a 13 inch screen that would be amazing

I hated the bezel at first, but in reality after you really start getting into it and using it, now it's not so much an issue. I'd love to see a 12.5" on the current form factor though, that along with 2hrs improved battery and I'm sold on the 2015 model :p Along with 768GB SSD of course ;)

Greggae512

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2012
Still love my 2011 i7 11"

I need lots of screen real estate & it does the job when docked 5/7 days a week.
11" MBA + 2 x 27" Samsung LCD's 1920x1080 + Retina Ipad = all sorts of win for my work productivity.:apple::D

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 184

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
13" owner, but I just bought another 11" Air (i5 this time) to replace the C2D Air I sold earlier this year.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
I came from a 4 year old 10" asus netbook and so I really liked the more portable form factor of the 11" but the battery life was trash so I ended up going 13".

Need a minimum of 7 hours of battery life as a college student and wasn't going to wait another 6 months for Haswell since there was a sale at best buy for $200 off.

David58117

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2013
I went with the 11" air.

Battery life was a concern, but the fact is that a 13" will need to be plugged in as well - fretting over a gain of 2 hours vs losing the portability and form factor of the 11" just doesn't make sense to me. A small light weight charger and fast charge time is more important to me. Also, external batteries do exist, and last much longer than 2 hours.

Screen size hasn't been an issue, as it's something you adjust to. Besides, zooming in/being able to switch between full screen programs works very well.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Mmm. I did stay with it for a couple months, which I think is long enough for me to tell if it fits my needs. Doing work on it was impossible since I needed to compare spreadsheets with programming data. Gave it away for that reason and to me, the bezel is hideous.

Well circumstances changed since this last post! Thought it was kind of funny that this popped up on my feed and read my last response.

I ended up going back to a macbook air 11.. why? Not because I wanted to, but because I got one for an insanely good price. Put all my moshi gear all over it, and and it has been a great go to computer as I am all over the place at work. Sometimes I have to just find myself a spot and do some work quickly. I think the 13" would be a little less convenient in comparison in this regard. I do miss a bigger screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.