Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:01 AM   #51
JoeFkling
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin234 View Post
Well I'm disappointed with the iPhone 32... I thought it was going to have a holographic display, but they just upgraded the camera.
Camera upgrade would be the 32s
JoeFkling is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:38 AM   #52
Devlin234
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFkling View Post
Camera upgrade would be the 32s
Ahhhh of course!
Devlin234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:33 PM   #53
trouble747
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly33 View Post
All iPads SHOULD have wifi and optional cellular data?

Have you Been to a Best Buy or the like in the last four years.
Apparently the OP doesn't want apple to sell wi-fi only devices. For some reason.
trouble747 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:44 AM   #54
Davidkoh
macrumors 65816

Only thing I'd like to see is running 2 apps next to eachother, so I could browse the web while watching a movie or have a skype chat there.
Davidkoh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:32 AM   #55
findwaldonow
macrumors member

The two simultaneous app concept is a very interesting idea. Chatting and working on or watching or reading something at the same time would be really neat in theory and the apps could be made to run side by side or stacked at half the resolution and that could all work out fine. And it would be neat to have one app running while flicking around a miniaturized version of your homescreen on the other side and launching something else.

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll ever happen, though for a couple of reasons. There's really no elegant way to perfectly divide the iPad's attention in all aspects. Processing wise, sure, two cores, but if you're esentially running two virtualiPads on one iPad screen, there are fundamental hardware issues, what does the home button control? Maybe a pop-up would ask if you want to quit one app/the other/exit two app mode? But then, what app do the volume buttons control, how does it handle sound from two apps generally, are you constantly tweaking the settings on apps so that's they're not both screaming through the speaker, muting one and favoring the other? Does the iPad do it automatically? Then, what if i want music going as well? Do they all just mute/stop each other in turns like what kind of happens now? Also, you'd basically be using two apps in portrait mode while the iPad was in Landscape or two apps in landscape mode with it in portrait, but some apps run only in one or the other and wouldn't jive well when used at the same time. I think ultimately it gets too messy in a lot of ways, you can solve the sound problem and still wonder how you'd watch a video and use another app that only functions in portrait mode. It would ruin the 'just works' factor a lot of users like about the iPad and throw everyone back into PC land wondering what's making that noise and calling their grandkids. People who are using the iPad as a laptop replacement are actually bending a little to how it works and changing their workflow to focus with intensity on one task at a time (taking care of all of my e-mail) and then switching apps to tackle the next task for a while (writing all of my blog posts). This is very likely how it will stay for the iPad going forward. And honestly, people could use a little less of a scatter-brained experience with computing anyway, at least I know I could.
findwaldonow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:44 PM   #56
shadow puppet
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
There's a new iPad 5 out ?

Got a link ?
Gotta admit, you made me laugh out loud. Thanks!

This concept is what I want in the next version. With retina of course.

shadow puppet is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad