Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
Hi Sim, Yes I did and the problem still persists. How do you want me to post the details?
You press the Show Details button, click on the text that is now visible, press CMD+A, then CMD+C, then post a reply and use the
code.gif
button (
Code:
 tag) and press CMD+V.

But I am probably not able to decipher the report, someone else might though. Did you update to 10.8.3 yet and does it happen since then? And I presume from your answer, it also happens in another user account?
Have you tried deleting [B]"com.apple.safari.plist"[/B] in [I]Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences /[/I] yet?

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
You press the Show Details button, click on the text that is now visible, press CMD+A, then CMD+C, then post a reply and use the Image button (
Code:
 tag) and press CMD+V.

But I am probably not able to decipher the report, someone else might though. Did you update to 10.8.3 yet and does it happen since then? And I presume from your answer, it also happens in another user account?
Have you tried deleting [B]"com.apple.safari.plist"[/B] in [I]Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences /[/I] yet?[/QUOTE]

I'm still running Lion 10.7.5 so this might have been caused by the latest updates I downloaded. I think this because of what it says under the Dyld Error Message section:

[CODE]Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: __ZN3JSC16InternalFunction12vtableAnchorEv
  Referenced from: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKit2.framework/Versions/A/WebKit2
  Expected in: /System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/JavaScriptCore.framework/JavaScriptCore
 in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKit2.framework/Versions/A/WebKit2

I also have Java disabled on in Safari but now can't even up it to make any changes. I will try deleting the playlist to see if that does anything.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
As the error message says: "you may need to reinstall the application".

Assuming that your Private Frameworks have got corrupted somehow, you would be best to reinstall the OS.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
As the error message says: "you may need to reinstall the application".

Assuming that your Private Frameworks have got corrupted somehow, you would be best to reinstall the OS.

Well that's awesome because I was planning on doing that anyway. So I have actually just been ordered to do something that was already on the list.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Well that's awesome because I was planning on doing that anyway. So I have actually just been ordered to do something that was already on the list.
Are you being sarcastically ungrateful for free advice offered? It reads that way, and it's not the best way to proceed with people who are trying to help you.

You haven't been "ordered" to do anything. And you didn't mention previously that reinstalling was something you were going to do.
I honestly don't know what to do.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Are you being sarcastically ungrateful for free advice offered? It reads that way, and it's not the best way to proceed with people who are trying to help you.

You haven't been "ordered" to do anything. And you didn't mention previously that reinstalling was something you were going to do.

I was not being sarcastic or ungrateful at all. And true, I didn't state that I was planning on re-installing, but it wasn't relevant to the situation because my desire to reinstall the OS was based on the fact that I was preparing it for sale and didn't want some new and crazy problem with Safari messing it up.

And yes, I understand that I wasn't technically ordered to do anything, but it seems like both the problem report and you strongly recommended it; along with my need to prepare it for sale made reinstalling the OS a necessity.

It's just a shame that only was your impression incorrect, but also that someone decided to give you an up-vote for your post.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
It's just a shame that only was your impression incorrect, but also that someone decided to give you an up-vote for your post.
In that case, apologies for the misunderstanding. Best of luck preparing your Mac for sale. :)

Last edited:

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
In that case, apologies for the misunderstanding. Best of luck preparing your Mac for sale. :)

No worries now. And I did sell it on Sunday! I miss it though because now my iBook G4 is my main machine and I have had to make other changes as well. I also(yesterday) traded my iPad mini(white,16GB, WiFi only) for a first gen iPad because the mini couldn't be charged OR synced. In exchange though, I got a 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G, a black leather case, a firewire 400/800 cable, and $40.

The past few days is a lot like going back in time for me. I sold my iPhone 4S, my Intel iMac, and my iPad min. Now I have an iBook G4, a 1st gen iPad, and my 30GB video iPod from 2006!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.