Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
When it comes to rumors we can suggest anything. But my money is on the iPhone 6 before there will be "real" inovation. Might see a little better camera on the 5S as it would take little to do that, maybe add a few bucks to the cost of the phone.:)

kristoffer4

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
Denmark

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
When it comes to rumors we can suggest anything. But my money is on the iPhone 6 before there will be "real" inovation.

Tick / tock product cycle.

My thought is a bunch of people will get in a tizzy over anticipated features... then be sadly disappointed when their fantasy expectations don't prove out. They'll be the ones on the "it sucks!" bandwagon.

With most gadgets, after the first couple generations you shift into evolutionary improvements and the end user is better served upgrading every other generation.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
Tick / tock product cycle.

My thought is a bunch of people will get in a tizzy over anticipated features... then be sadly disappointed when their fantasy expectations don't prove out. They'll be the ones on the "it sucks!" bandwagon.

With most gadgets, after the first couple generations you shift into evolutionary improvements and the end user is better served upgrading every other generation.

It is the way it have always been.:p

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
When it comes to rumors we can suggest anything. But my money is on the iPhone 6 before there will be "real" inovation. Might see a little better camera on the 5S as it would take little to do that, maybe add a few bucks to the cost of the phone.:)

Even though its an S upgrade, apple realizes that they can't put out a new flagship device with only an upgraded camera. I'd bet the house that this is going to be the biggest S upgrade to date. Just wait and see.

sando88

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2013
Bulgaria
Well honestly the biggest feature is iOS 7,everything else would be just an upgrade,just like every "s" has been better camera,processor,graphics,ram and as we've heard probably better retina display with igzo.Basically iOS 7 with the new design and the features like airdrop that comes with it is something new,oh almost forgot about the rumors of fingerprint scanner.So if it comes with all that stuff it would be worth to upgrade especially if you are on older iPhones like 4 or even 4s.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
Even though its an S upgrade, apple realizes that they can't put out a new flagship device with only an upgraded camera. I'd bet the house that this is going to be the biggest S upgrade to date. Just wait and see.

I hope you are right as I will be replacing my 5 with the 5S unless the person who is to "inherit" my 5 kills me for my phone, first!:eek:

Lucy:)

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Like most, I expect to see another 4" iPhone.

From the beginning, Apple should have planned to offer a 4.2" or 4.3" iPhone 5S/6, in roughly the same form factor, this holiday season. That feature would have encouraged far, far more people to upgrade than the other features listed. Consumers don't get upgrade envy with they see a new phone that looks exactly like the one they already own.

Apple needs to squeeze as many upgrades as they can out of the installed base of iPhone users to satisfy shareholders, and a 4.0" phone won't accomplish that. With a 4.3" phone, many users would upgrade. And then many would upgrade again next year for a 4.7" phone. Skipping directly from 4.0" this year to 4.7" next year eliminates an upgrade cycle that would undoubtedly have net billions of dollars for Apple and its shareholders.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
The next is IPhone 5s or iphone 6?

2007: iphone
2008: iphone 3G
2009: iphone 3GS
2010: iphone 4
2011: iphone 4S
2012: iphone 5

What do you suppose would be the likely next model name... Hmmm.... :cool:

Apple could certainly go with an ipad-esque "the new iPhone" scheme and drop the numbering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.