Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Not true, he was excited about the possibilities

Can't find the source for the quote, but trust me (ii remembr the smell of stop bath well and the sting if i had any cuts on my fingers)

I also think there are some terrific inkjet papers these days (saw a big jump in quality at Fotofest in 2010)

It's all speculation from any of us. Here is an article debating that very point from Fortune:

Peter Lewis: New technologies can create incredible pictures, but do they compromise the art of photography?

Wikipedia adds this:
“…Adams was a “master of control”. He wrote books about technique, developed the “Zone System”—something which helped determine the optimal exposure and development time for a given photograph—and introduced the idea of “previsualization”, which involved the photographer imagining what he wanted his final print to look like before he even took the shot. These concepts and methods allowed for nearly total control of all the potential variables that factor into a final print. Because of his love for control, Adams disliked color since it lacked this element that he had mastered with black and white.”

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.