Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

808?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Hong Kong
Neither of my Macs (10.8.5) can connect to yahoo messenger via the Adium client for the last few days, yet the official client can now after 3 days finally connect to yahoo messenger on my macs and iPhone.

I have cleared caches, reset passwords, downloaded and reinstalled desktop and iPhone official clients and desktop Adium.

Is there any updated login server tweaks I can try with Adium?

Servers: scs.msg.yahoo.com, scsa.msg.yahoo.com, scsb.msg.yahoo.com, scsc.msg.yahoo.com
Port: 20, 23, 25, 80, 119, 5050, 8001, 8002

Last edited:

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
same

Same problem started for me yesterday, and Adium sits at 150% cpu utilization while it tries to connect. Haven't found a solution yet, but in any event, good to know it is not just me.

808?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Hong Kong
Same problem started for me yesterday, and Adium sits at 150% cpu utilization while it tries to connect. Haven't found a solution yet, but in any event, good to know it is not just me.

Yes, Adium is doing crazy stuff to my CPU also, i was up to 175% at one stage.

Something is really puzzling, as I haven't changed anything previously to this.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
working again

No idea if I fixed it, or if I just waisted enough time trying things that it fixed itself (I am guessing the latter case), but I did this:

1. Opened Adium, disable all the accounts, quit
2. Installed Jitsi, re-configured the accounts (login worked), quit jitsi
3. Opened Adium, enabled the accounts one at a time, it worked

So I am connected again finally.

808?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Hong Kong
No idea if I fixed it, or if I just waisted enough time trying things that it fixed itself (I am guessing the latter case), but I did this:

1. Opened Adium, disable all the accounts, quit
2. Installed Jitsi, re-configured the accounts (login worked), quit jitsi
3. Opened Adium, enabled the accounts one at a time, it worked

So I am connected again finally.

Thanks for this, did what you tried and it seemed to work for me also, but I had to wait overnight to login again via Adium.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.