Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awaisuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
How to put pictures in iphone?

Can anyone tell me how to put pics in my iphone so i can access them in PHOTOS?

Flhusky

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Florida
How to put pictures in iphone?

Can anyone tell me how to put pics in my iphone so i can access them in PHOTOS?

R.T.F.M. comes to mind
or
There is a neat thing in iTunes when you plug the iPhone in. Think its labled 'Photos' check it out:rolleyes:

jedphelym

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
Ireland
R.T.F.M. comes to mind
or
There is a neat thing in iTunes when you plug the iPhone in. Think its labled 'Photos' check it out:rolleyes:

There's no need to be dry and patronising. iTunes is a terrible program, and I've had too many problems transferring photos. It doesn't seem to recognise certain file types or something.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
iTunes is a terrible program, and I've had too many problems transferring photos. It doesn't seem to recognise certain file types or something.

I assume you're trying to sync from a PC, which usually has a "My Pictures" folder. All syncing on an iPhone (unless jailbroken or unless you have a file sharing app) has to be done through iTunes. I create folders for different photo collections in my Pictures folder on my Mac. In iTunes, I simply select "another folder" from the options in Photo, browse to my Pictures folder and check off the specific collection folders I want. The images should be standard JPGs or PNGs.

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
What's your beef with iTunes?

Buggy DRM ridden bloatware.

Maybe things have changed now that Macs use PC hardware, but I have always had problems with Apple software (quicktime, iTunes) when I have tried to (productively) use it on PCs

Elysian

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2010

Maybe things have changed now that Macs use PC hardware, but I have always had problems with Apple software (quicktime, iTunes) when I have tried to (productively) use it on PCs

Get an efficient Mac. There, problem solved.

Joe23

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
Have a look at Dropbox, the basic version is free.

You can install the software on any PC or Mac and also your iPhone. It will syncronise all sorts of files between each device. From within the Dropbox iPhone app you can export photos to your Camera Roll for use as a wallpaper, contact photo, etc.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC

DRM? Well then just avoid buying movies in the iTunes store.

I have many GBs of songs, hundreds of movies and TV shows, and thousands of photos all flowing through iTunes in some way or another. No DRM to be seen anywhere unless I choose to have it.

If you don't like the way something works, don't buy it. That has nothing to do with using iTunes or not.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Well, iTunes itself is not DRM laden, I think I've purchased lesst than 20 songs off iTunes in my 80+GB library. Even still, many songs are offered DRM free on the iTunes store.

Icy1007

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Cleveland, OH
sad that you cant just drag and drop them.

What I think is really retarded is that in Windows you CAN just drag and drop pictures. Windows sees the iPhone as a USB camera.

In Mac OS you have to, as far as I can tell, put your photos in your pictures folder or iPhoto library and then sync it with your iPhone through iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.