Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 2, 2012, 03:17 AM   #1
AT101ET
macrumors regular

Can Apple Logo be used?

Hi,
I have designed a really nice case for the 5th Gen touch, but before I start production, I want to clarify certain things.
Firstly, the Apple Logo is personally owned by Apple and I was wondering, is there some way I can use the logo on my device. For example, do I need a permit from them and where can I apply.
I was also thinking about the word iPod. Is that also a trademark, and would I be able to use it?
I tried contacting them, but they haven't answered yet. I submitted my question to the MFI Programme even though the concept requires no electrical hardware. Does anyone know what I can and cannot do, and who I can contact to ask?

Many thanks
AT101ET is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 03:32 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

Without express permission, you can't legally use any pf the trademarks:

http://www.apple.com/legal/trademark...rdparties.html

Remember just how litigious a company they can be, and use the links on the page above to contact them. There is also a comprehensive list of who can and who can't use them on the page above.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:41 PM   #3
617aircav
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT101ET View Post
Hi,
I have designed a really nice case for the 5th Gen touch, but before I start production, I want to clarify certain things.
Firstly, the Apple Logo is personally owned by Apple and I was wondering, is there some way I can use the logo on my device. For example, do I need a permit from them and where can I apply.
I was also thinking about the word iPod. Is that also a trademark, and would I be able to use it?
I tried contacting them, but they haven't answered yet. I submitted my question to the MFI Programme even though the concept requires no electrical hardware. Does anyone know what I can and cannot do, and who I can contact to ask?

Many thanks
You can't use it without permission. Period.
617aircav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:47 PM   #4
Atomike
macrumors member

Don't bother trying to put the logo on it - for 2 reasons.
1). Apple will never give you permission. Never. It won't happen.
2). Even if they accidentally did, they would want 500 times more money per case than you make in profit. You would have to increase your price by a ridiculous amount.

This is why NO cases - even the most popular, do not have the apple logo. You are simply wasting your time with this idea.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch