Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
Hi,
I have designed a really nice case for the 5th Gen touch, but before I start production, I want to clarify certain things.
Firstly, the Apple Logo is personally owned by Apple and I was wondering, is there some way I can use the logo on my device. For example, do I need a permit from them and where can I apply.
I was also thinking about the word iPod. Is that also a trademark, and would I be able to use it?
I tried contacting them, but they haven't answered yet. I submitted my question to the MFI Programme even though the concept requires no electrical hardware. Does anyone know what I can and cannot do, and who I can contact to ask?

Many thanks :)

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Hi,
I have designed a really nice case for the 5th Gen touch, but before I start production, I want to clarify certain things.
Firstly, the Apple Logo is personally owned by Apple and I was wondering, is there some way I can use the logo on my device. For example, do I need a permit from them and where can I apply.
I was also thinking about the word iPod. Is that also a trademark, and would I be able to use it?
I tried contacting them, but they haven't answered yet. I submitted my question to the MFI Programme even though the concept requires no electrical hardware. Does anyone know what I can and cannot do, and who I can contact to ask?

Many thanks :)

You can't use it without permission. Period.

Atomike

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2008
Don't bother trying to put the logo on it - for 2 reasons.
1). Apple will never give you permission. Never. It won't happen.
2). Even if they accidentally did, they would want 500 times more money per case than you make in profit. You would have to increase your price by a ridiculous amount.

This is why NO cases - even the most popular, do not have the apple logo. You are simply wasting your time with this idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.