Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
For god's sake it's now in the AddressBook as of SL and Lion. Supported out of the box! My original post was for 10.4 I believe, it won't work for the new OSes, but it's native in 10.6/7 now.

Kinobi

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
Florida
so did you get it to work?

I have Google Apps account free version but I am getting password rejected; I tried everything I could with no results

angelique

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2012
New York, NY
Can you Show Me How it's Supported?

I don't see it supported out of the box in my brand new Mac Mini. Can you show me? Tried the Exchange route and that doesn't work as others have found too.

For god's sake it's now in the AddressBook as of SL and Lion. Supported out of the box! My original post was for 10.4 I believe, it won't work for the new OSes, but it's native in 10.6/7 now.

Enzedder

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't see it supported out of the box in my brand new Mac Mini. Can you show me? Tried the Exchange route and that doesn't work as others have found too.

There's a great app I've used in the App Store named 'Contacts Sync For Googlemail', it syncs both/either way with your address book and it works well. I don't think it runs automatically but it certainly takes any effort checking manually away. :)

jcarroll

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2013
Which version of Mac OS X are you using?

Is appears from the current Google help page that "Address Book.app" isn't supported anymore; rather, Google supports syncing, via CardDAV, with "Contacts.app." When did Contacts replace Address Book? I don't know, but I'm running OS X 10.6.8, and it doesn't work for me.

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1366863

Contacts

Use CardDAV to sync contacts on your Mac with your Google Contacts.

On your Mac, go to Applications > Contacts.
In the Contacts application, go to Contacts > Preferences > Accounts > +
In the window that pops up, enter the following:

Account type: CardDAV
Username: <Your username at your domain, for example: john@solarmora.com>
Password: <Your password>
Server address: google.com
You contacts will now start syncing from your Google account with your Mac. Any new contacts you make on your Mac will sync with your Google account, and any new contacts in your Google account will sync with your Mac.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Google dropped contacts syncing on previously un-synced Macs via the checkbox method at the end of January 2013.

CardDav syncing of Address Book with Google contacts doesn't work in Snow Leopard, for some reason.

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
Does Google Apps work like Gmail? Because I use this for Gmail and it's the best thing ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.