Old Apr 3, 2012, 03:23 AM   #1
Washac
macrumors 65816

New Dungeon Master Clone

Like Dungeon Master clones ?

Then get on this, cheap to.

http://www.grimrock.net/

Cheaper at GOG

Last edited by Washac; Apr 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Washac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 08:38 AM   #2
deadwulfe
macrumors 6502a

Didn't you start a Steam-bashing thread going on about not owning a physical product? Why then would you still support GOG.com?

Oh, and your thread title is too generic. That would be something you start off a conversation with, but isn't at all helpful for people perusing pages of discussions.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Washac
macrumors 65816

New Dungeon Master Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwulfe View Post
Didn't you start a Steam-bashing thread going on about not owning a physical product? Why then would you still support GOG.com?

Oh, and your thread title is too generic. That would be something you start off a conversation with, but isn't at all helpful for people perusing pages of discussions.
Nope, my problem with Steam was/is in that you cannot download the game you have purchased, so if Steam is down and or your game is not available you cannot play it.

With Steam you buy a licence/the right to play a specific game, with GOG you down the game and manual maps etc that come with it.

Last edited by Washac; Apr 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Washac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Hackfix21
macrumors member

Quote:
Not a very friendly reply to what I thought was a very interesting post! Do have a go at all those countless people who title threads with "please help" or "big problem" or similarly unhelpful titles, but what's wrong with this one?

I for one absolutely loved Dungeon Master on Atari ST in the 80s and recently played through Dungeon Master Java again on the Mac. Grimrock looks like fun!
Hackfix21 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 03:30 AM   #5
Washac
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackfix21 View Post
Not a very friendly reply to what I thought was a very interesting post! Do have a go at all those countless people who title threads with "please help" or "big problem" or similarly unhelpful titles, but what's wrong with this one?

I for one absolutely loved Dungeon Master on Atari ST in the 80s and recently played through Dungeon Master Java again on the Mac. Grimrock looks like fun!
Yea I thought the same, I have changed the title since.

Orginal title was ( Here is One For Bootcamp )

Why my Steam thread was brought up I have no Idea, GOG operates in a totally different way to Steam.

Anyway moving on, I cannot wait till the 11th to get stuck into Grimrock
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:38 PM   #6
russo045
macrumors newbie

Dungeon Master available on iOS devices

Here is a link to Dungeon Master through the app store. I have talked with the developers and they are real excited about having this game finally available on the iPad as well as the iPhone.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dung...571308538?mt=8
russo045 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Hackfix21
macrumors member

Did you try it? Seems to be getting bad bug-related reviews on iTunes. But it would be really great to play Dungeon Master on the iPad. I'm also waiting for Legend of Grimrock to make it to the iPad - allegedly they're working on it...
Hackfix21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:22 PM   #8
russo045
macrumors newbie

I had played and ran into the same issues you mentioned. I just downloaded 2.1 which they say fixes the errors. I've been playing this evening and so far so good. I'm not sure if you saw but Return to Chaos was released by them as well. I've emailed back and forth with the developers a few times and they seem to really want to recreate these games.
russo045 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games