Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:40 PM   #26
cjedj
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Love the Deliveries w/ Add. I may just have to add that to my setup.
Yep, works a treat.

----------

Tip: adding the Input Prompt to the 1Password app URL launches a search straight away -

1password://[prompt]
cjedj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2012, 02:43 PM   #27
dtbratt
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1wbw View Post
I already brought that up.
Whats the difference between this thread and the iPhone wallpaper thread?

Cant we just enjoy a thread for once without someone complaining? lol
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:13 PM   #28
sk1wbw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbratt View Post
Whats the difference between this thread and the iPhone wallpaper thread?

Cant we just enjoy a thread for once without someone complaining? lol
Around here, on these forums? Haha! I just made the suggestion, that's all. There's a thread about Android homescreens in the pictures thread, that's why I said it.
sk1wbw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:38 PM   #29
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Just got done redoing my bookmarks. Love the little icons!

Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:16 PM   #30
AnthonySmith
macrumors 6502

Anyone know how to add an app to custom launch that is not listed? I have a few apps that I would love to launch but aren't listed within Launch Center to add to the homepage. I see that when I open eBay for instance the url is ebay://

Can I do that with other apps? Such as MLB At Bat?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:29 PM   #31
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySmith View Post
Anyone know how to add an app to custom launch that is not listed? I have a few apps that I would love to launch but aren't listed within Launch Center to add to the homepage. I see that when I open eBay for instance the url is ebay://

Not yet. It'll probably be added soon though.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:51 PM   #32
AnthonySmith
macrumors 6502

**** it. I can't believe I just wasted $3 on this app. It's too limited. How does it not let me choose what apps I want to launch? It only offers about a third of my apps to launch.

I like it for easy access to my bookmarks, but if I am messaging someone it's just an extra tap.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:04 PM   #33
sk1wbw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
**** it. I can't believe I just wasted $3 on this app. It's too limited. How does it not let me choose what apps I want to launch? It only offers about a third of my apps to launch.

I like it for easy access to my bookmarks, but if I am messaging someone it's just an extra tap.
That's not a limitation of the app itself, it's a limitation of other apps. If an doesn't support url listing in iOS, you can't make an icon inside of this app. Some, like Listary, aren't listed in the app per se, but if you make a custom url link to it like "listary://" it'll work. Not all apps support url labeling like this, so if you can't make an appear, it's not Launch Center Pro's fault.
sk1wbw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:55 PM   #34
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:

Yes, MLB at Bat does work. Just make the URL "atbat12://" without the quotes. The only downside is that since you're using a custom URL, you don't get the app's icon. Of course some may prefer it this way.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:03 PM   #35
Sdahe
macrumors 68000

I don't see the point of this app...
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:51 PM   #36
bryanjclark
macrumors newbie

Launch Center Pro recipes for Threadnote

I make an app called Threadnote for iPhone; we're really excited about Launch Center Pro and came up with some clever ways to use the two together:
http://blog.threadnote.com/post/2573...nch-center-pro

Last edited by bryanjclark; Jun 23, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
bryanjclark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:02 PM   #37
Jarson
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Jarson
It looks like a poor advertisement approach.
Twitter: @jarosinskik
Jarson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:54 PM   #38
AnthonySmith
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Yes, MLB at Bat does work. Just make the URL "atbat12://" without the quotes. The only downside is that since you're using a custom URL, you don't get the app's icon. Of course some may prefer it this way.
Is there a way to find out this command for other apps? Such as Mint.com and ScoreMobile. I've tried a lot of variations of those but nothing has worked yet.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:06 PM   #39
viperGTS
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by batting1000 View Post
I can just add the book mark to my home screen or I can make 2 taps to compose a message, the same as using Launch Center (two taps as well).

I don't really see the benefit, but rather a waste of money. The developer is a smart man...It's kinda like a placebo effect. People think their doing things quicker, but they're really not. Launch Center pretty much serves as a second home screen / launcher.
Alright, just show us where you can instantly text a certain person, call another, turn your phone into a flashlight, access your favorite apps, google search, adjust brightness, and access a certain bookmark...

All from one place.
viperGTS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:08 PM   #40
batting1000
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperGTS View Post
Alright, just show us where you can instantly text a certain person, call another, instantly turn your phone into a flashlight, access your favorite app, adjust brightness, and access a certain bookmark...

All from one place.
My home screen.

All I have to do is tap on the Messages icon, tap my Phone app, tap my flashlight app, tap my favorite app, tap my Settings app, or tap my home screen bookmark...all for free without being jailbroken.
batting1000 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:15 PM   #41
Honza
macrumors member

One of the biggest features that no one has mentioned is the ability to add a prompt to your shortcuts. For example, for a dictionary shortcut I have a google search for "definition" + a prompt for whatever word I want to know. Google then takes both of those and gives a definition. I haven't had too much time to mess around, but I'm sure there's other fun stuff you can do with the prompt feature. Any ideas?

Here are my screenshots. The bookmarks, phone, a prompt to enter a URL directly into Safari, and the flashlight seem to come most in handy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0068.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	967.1 KB
ID:	344746   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0069.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	756.7 KB
ID:	344747  
Honza is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:18 PM   #42
viperGTS
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by batting1000 View Post
My home screen.

All I have to do is tap on the Messages icon, tap my Phone app, tap my flashlight app, tap my favorite app, tap my Settings app, or tap my home screen bookmark...all for free without being jailbroken.
I think you're missing the point. The point is that it lets you perform ACTIONS, for example, texting a certain person, quickly. Lets say you wanted to message your friend. With Messages, you would have to tap messages, look for their thread, tap it, then tap the text box.

With Launch Center Pro, you just tap the app, tap "Text Friend" and that's it. You're even in the keyboard already.

Now just imagine this, but with emails, phone, and websites. Not to mention you can also put apps in this, plus other shortcuts like brightness and flashlight.
viperGTS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:38 AM   #43
AnthonySmith
macrumors 6502

I wanted all of my apps to have the same look do I changed them from their default icon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	344767  
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:40 AM   #44
AnthonySmith
macrumors 6502

Here are my apps under my Apps group
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	344768  
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:23 PM   #45
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Is there a way to find out this command for other apps? Such as Mint.com and ScoreMobile. I've tried a lot of variations of those but nothing has worked yet.
Not at this time. I've learned a ton from just following their twitter account.

Note* If you just look at your timeline, you'll only see tweets they send out. If you view theirs, you can see all of the replies and you'll get a lot more info from them.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 02:26 PM   #46
GalvaJ
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperGTS View Post
I think you're missing the point. The point is that it lets you perform ACTIONS, for example, texting a certain person, quickly. Lets say you wanted to message your friend. With Messages, you would have to tap messages, look for their thread, tap it, then tap the text box.

With Launch Center Pro, you just tap the app, tap "Text Friend" and that's it. You're even in the keyboard already.

Now just imagine this, but with emails, phone, and websites. Not to mention you can also put apps in this, plus other shortcuts like brightness and flashlight.
Ooorrr, You can open messages, compose and start typing you're friends name in pretty much the same time it takes you to open Launch, tap friend, and start typing. All that, and saving 2.99.

I'm kicking myself for falling for the hype of this app and buying it cause I've never let myself do that and the one time I do, .. yeah.
GalvaJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:50 AM   #47
andylenox
macrumors newbie

Here's my home screen. It's a work in progress.

Notable items here:

1. Parse in Fantastical - This brings up a prompt, then exports the text of the prompt right into fantastical's new calendar event thingy. Saves a couple of swipes. This also uses a 'Drafts' action so.

2. Jessica - This just has a bunch of ways to contact my wife. Text, call, email.

My 'Share' menu

Facebook just launches the app, but twitter and post to facebook both have prompts that then post those things to their respective services. Post to facebook uses Drafts again, and their x-callback url scheme to go back to launch center pro when it's done.

My 'Food' Menu. One tap to find nearby grub via yelp. Yelp always searches close to your location, so this is super helpful.

My 'drafts' menu. Basically any notes I want to take. Drafts just enters a note into drafts app. The evernote link saves a note in drafts, which is exported to evernote. Both use x-callback url scheme to go back to launch center pro when they are done.

My omnifocus menu. One just adds a task to omnifocus. THe other adds a task, then copies the clipboard into the notes section.

Stuff I'm working on for the future, and just generally thinking about.

1. I think I might be able to use drafts to chain actions by using the xcallback thing recursively. I haven't tested it yet, but it'll be neat if i can do things like bring up a prompt in launch center pro, then post that text to facebook AND twitter. Or possibly post in facebook AND my Day One app journal.

2. The layout of the icons may seem weird.. I hold my phone with my left hand. I've found that my thumb can block stuff on menu pages, so I try and arrange icons so that my thumb isn't in the way. Still working on getting this right.

3. This app is screaming out for more macros besides just [prompt] and whatever. Some that i'd like to see.
[location] - a macro that did (lat),(long) of your current location would be awesome. THen I could have one button that gets directions from my current location to various places.
[date] - Sometimes it's nice to timestamp things.

4. Someone needs to formalize that x-callback url scheme thing and make it a standard for apps. I want to be able to add a task to omnifocus and have it automatically jump back to launch center pro.
andylenox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:26 PM   #48
MFDoom
macrumors member

Cool Scripts

Macstories has some really neat scripting ideas leveraging Launch Center Pro...

http://www.macstories.net/reviews/la...enter-pro-1-1/
MFDoom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:06 AM   #49
SunnyStudioNeo
macrumors regular

I love these icons. Do they come with this app? Considering buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylenox View Post

Here's my home screen. It's a work in progress.

Notable items here:

1. Parse in Fantastical - This brings up a prompt, then exports the text of the prompt right into fantastical's new calendar event thingy. Saves a couple of swipes. This also uses a 'Drafts' action so.

2. Jessica - This just has a bunch of ways to contact my wife. Text, call, email.

My 'Share' menu

Facebook just launches the app, but twitter and post to facebook both have prompts that then post those things to their respective services. Post to facebook uses Drafts again, and their x-callback url scheme to go back to launch center pro when it's done.

My 'Food' Menu. One tap to find nearby grub via yelp. Yelp always searches close to your location, so this is super helpful.

My 'drafts' menu. Basically any notes I want to take. Drafts just enters a note into drafts app. The evernote link saves a note in drafts, which is exported to evernote. Both use x-callback url scheme to go back to launch center pro when they are done.

My omnifocus menu. One just adds a task to omnifocus. THe other adds a task, then copies the clipboard into the notes section.

Stuff I'm working on for the future, and just generally thinking about.

1. I think I might be able to use drafts to chain actions by using the xcallback thing recursively. I haven't tested it yet, but it'll be neat if i can do things like bring up a prompt in launch center pro, then post that text to facebook AND twitter. Or possibly post in facebook AND my Day One app journal.

2. The layout of the icons may seem weird.. I hold my phone with my left hand. I've found that my thumb can block stuff on menu pages, so I try and arrange icons so that my thumb isn't in the way. Still working on getting this right.

3. This app is screaming out for more macros besides just [prompt] and whatever. Some that i'd like to see.
[location] - a macro that did (lat),(long) of your current location would be awesome. THen I could have one button that gets directions from my current location to various places.
[date] - Sometimes it's nice to timestamp things.

4. Someone needs to formalize that x-callback url scheme thing and make it a standard for apps. I want to be able to add a task to omnifocus and have it automatically jump back to launch center pro.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 02:44 AM   #50
rshroff2
macrumors regular

Just updated my layout. Posted below
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0139.PNG
Views:	29
Size:	953.8 KB
ID:	405983  
rshroff2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone