Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

francis21

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2011
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Hey guys, I just have a question about the ambient light sensor feature on my Mid-2011 Macbook Air 11-inch model.

I've been using it several hours now, but I've noticed that with the "Automatically illuminate keyboard in low light" option in the Keyboard section in System Preferences, and I'm using my MBA in low-light conditions, it doesn't turn it on automatically.

The screen brightness works properly though in low-light conditions - changes appropriately. However, my keyboard backlit keyboard does not work that properly. I can turn it up and down properly.

Any suggestions on this one? :) Thanks guys!

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Hey guys, I just have a question about the ambient light sensor feature on my Mid-2011 Macbook Air 11-inch model.

I've been using it several hours now, but I've noticed that with the "Automatically illuminate keyboard in low light" option in the Keyboard section in System Preferences, and I'm using my MBA in low-light conditions, it doesn't turn it on automatically.

The screen brightness works properly though in low-light conditions - changes appropriately. However, my keyboard backlit keyboard does not work that properly. I can turn it up and down properly.

Any suggestions on this one? :) Thanks guys!

did u fix this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.