Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
In the UK the HMRC are introducting a real-time reporting system for PAYE starting 6 April 2013.

Does anybody have any recomendation as to which software package to use?

Has anybody tried the HMRC Basic PAYE Tools free to use software? Is it good enough and easy for a dumb engineer like me to do it myself.

I'm a consultant engineer, my limited company only has one employee (me, and I'm very poorly paid :mad:) and one director (me, who takes a dividend :D)

cal6n

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
I seem to remember setting this up on a friend's Mac some time ago. I think it was all pretty straightforward with no surprises.

sce

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2013
I'm in the same position, I'm a consultant and my limited company has two employees, myself and my wife.

My accountant has advised me that the HMRC software is not compatible with RTI filing.

I have been using Payroo http://www.payroo.com it is an online payroll system rather than a downloadable software and it is entirely free (there are some ads but they aren't conspicuous).

It does everything you need it to do including RTI filing.

I have a very basic understanding of PAYE, but was able to set up the two employees, run a monthly payroll and do the end of year returns with no difficulty.

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Thank you very much I will check that out.

I forgot to add I don't employ an accountant I do it all myself (with guidance from the wife who is an accountant but in a different field).

sce

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2013
My accountant does the bare minimum. I do all payroll stuff myself through payroo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.