Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:51 AM   #1
unplugme71
macrumors 68000

OS X Mountain Lion / Roaming Profile

Does ML Server have roaming profiles or was this done away with. I saw that I can have a users directory over AFP on the local server, but what if its a mobile device and not connected to the network. Does a copy of their network folder still get saved?
unplugme71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2013, 01:59 AM   #2
alexrmc92
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unplugme71 View Post
Does ML Server have roaming profiles or was this done away with. I saw that I can have a users directory over AFP on the local server, but what if its a mobile device and not connected to the network. Does a copy of their network folder still get saved?
Yes, you can sync folder changes when the mobile device comes back into network. This is known as portable home directories in workgorup manager.
alexrmc92 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking