Safari 6 Web Page Links & Select Buttons not Working - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:30 PM   #1
SteinMaster
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to SteinMaster
Safari 6 Web Page Links & Select Buttons not Working

Is anyone having issues with select buttons and links in web pages not working? I am having issues on several web pages where Safari will not select an option or button when I click on it. For example, I was on Verizon web site and wanted to select a phone for purchase. Safari would not accept the selection. I've had the same problems on other web sites. I have to switch to Firefox which works. How can I fix this or is this a problem with Safari 6.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:44 AM   #2
sericom
macrumors newbie

Same Prob

I had the same problem today. I eventually fixed the problem by restarting my Mac mini (2011) twice and closing the windows individually in Safari as they had automatically opened with each new session of Safari. Safari was fine after that. Hope this works for you.
sericom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:52 PM   #3
bullrat
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinMaster View Post
Is anyone having issues with select buttons and links in web pages not working? I am having issues on several web pages where Safari will not select an option or button when I click on it. For example, I was on Verizon web site and wanted to select a phone for purchase. Safari would not accept the selection. I've had the same problems on other web sites. I have to switch to Firefox which works. How can I fix this or is this a problem with Safari 6.
If you're running extensions, you might consider turning off each extension one at a time and refreshing the offending page to see if any are the culprit. Sometimes the extension developer includes options to whitelist or adjust settings that might help. I recently had a similar problem as you described when I visited certain websites and I was starting to want to strangle Safari while it was really a third-party extension that I had to adjust to fix. Good luck.
bullrat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store