New Retina MacBook Pro Processor Bumps Offer Minor 3-5% Performance Improvements - Page 3 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:25 PM   #51
drblank
macrumors regular

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imory View Post
Not a single update in over 4 months? Is that considered a long time? Apple has pretty much always released a major overhaul/change once every year, and I don't see why that has to change when it comes to their laptops.

Actually many many years ago, it was customary for Apple to have 6 month speed bumps, but they haven't done that for many years. Personally, they have reasons for doing what they do and unless you sit down with their engineers and find out all of the reasons, then we can only speculate.

Maybe they got a better deal on the slightly faster chips, maybe intel was the one that changed things and Apple is just using what Intel can supply.

The PC industry isn't doing to well over all and maybe Intel just spit out slightly faster chips at a reduced price to help get some sales going on.

There is always some amount of logic involved.
drblank is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:17 PM   #52
hestroy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartass View Post
Stick to phones and tablets Apple.
Stick to your ass, smartass.
hestroy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:18 PM   #53
Mago
macrumors 6502

Have no plan to update my cMBP until Haswell Architecture comes to rMBP15 and a Better discrete graphoc card is fitted.
Mago is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:22 PM   #54
MarkBubba
macrumors newbie

I hope that Haswell gives us a 13" rMBP with quad-core i7, they should be at the point of making these quad-core puppies low power by now, one would think. I'm holding off on upgrading from my 2010 MPB until I see what comes out this year.
MarkBubba is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:44 AM   #55
LiquidTurbo
macrumors newbie

Surely in this laptop there must be some other improvements than strictly just a processor bump.. must be revisions to some internal parts to improve the machine over the mid2012 version. Am I correct?
LiquidTurbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:01 AM   #56
marc11
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Surely in this laptop there must be some other improvements than strictly just a processor bump.. must be revisions to some internal parts to improve the machine over the mid2012 version. Am I correct?
Why? It is just a processor speed bump, really common for Apple to bump the processor to the current ones during the MBP life cycle; it is why you often see "Early 20xx" and "Late 20xx" more often than not, it is just a processor bump.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:44 AM   #57
reserves
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
They have replaced a few parts, I found the details on another thread (via MacRumors, can't remember where right now)
reserves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:15 PM   #58
MacSince1990
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartass View Post
Stick to phones and tablets Apple.
Uh.... so they shouldn't do occasional spec bumps when they're able? Just because Apple only came onto your radar circa 2008 when the iPhone got really hot doesn't mean they're a tablet company.

They've always been a computer company. What an utterly foolish, insipid and uninspired comment.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's what they are currently doing. There hasn't been a single update to the rMBP in over 4 months. I know I will not be buying an Apple laptop / desktop again unless they do a major overhaul in their approach at conducting business.
Uh... have you like, not ever owned a computer before...? You do realize they only update them once a year or so, right? Four months...? Really????

You also realize Apple doesn't make any of the hardware, correct?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:02 PM   #59
raw8725
macrumors member

I can't decide if I should go ahead and buy the retina 13inch early 2013 release or wait for Haswell architecture in June?
raw8725 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:04 PM   #60
Starfyre
macrumors 6502a

Wait for Haswell, things will run better, more efficiently. Use your retina unplugged for longer!
Starfyre is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:13 PM   #61
PLR2011
macrumors newbie

I just got my new 15 fully loaded rMBP and I love it for everything expect PhotoShop. It's really laggy doing almost anything in Photoshop (CS6). Anyone else have this issue?

My old 2010 MBP was faster in CS6... which is obviously very disappointing...
PLR2011 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 08:30 AM   #62
fragel
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLR2011 View Post
I just got my new 15 fully loaded rMBP and I love it for everything expect PhotoShop. It's really laggy doing almost anything in Photoshop (CS6). Anyone else have this issue?

My old 2010 MBP was faster in CS6... which is obviously very disappointing...
Weird... working smooth here in a mid-2012 15" rMBP...
I guess you must have a problem with PS... I move pics in raw of ~15-20MB very well...
fragel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2013, 02:44 AM   #63
JoEw
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseordinance View Post
Let's see... Safari is totally ruined on rMBP (CSS not rendered correctly on half the websites, blank white pages), mouse and keyboard become unresponsive when switching GPU, background resets after every reboot, stuttering audio, etc. Yeah, I guess you're right... I should have to wait a year for these to be fixed, as should countless others who complain about the same exact problems.
Do you update your system frequently? My friend has had none of the problems you mentioned above.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:39 AM   #64
noiseordinance
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoEw View Post
Do you update your system frequently? My friend has had none of the problems you mentioned above.
If you've updated your rMBP in the past 5 months, you are up to date. Not everyone has these issues, but many do. (See forums)
noiseordinance is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion