Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old May 22, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Former Gartner Research Director Michael Gartenberg Joins Apple's Marketing Team

Forbes reports that former Gartner research director Michael Gartenberg has joined Apple. While his exact position at Apple hasn't been revealed, Gartenberg is said to be working under Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller.
Quote:
This isn't Gartenberg's first time jumping into one of the technology companies he tracks -- though his last foray lasted less than a month. In Feb. 2007, he joined Microsoft as an "enthusiastic evangelist," a job he described at the time as being designed to "engage and work with enthusiasts and other influencers and show them all the cool stuff that Microsoft is doing. In short, it's our job to act as the bridge between Microsoft and end users." But he left Microsoft in March 2007 and resumed his role as a tech analyst, saying "at my core, I am an analyst. It's what I do and I do it well and after much thought, I realize I'm just not ready to stop doing that job just yet."
Gartner is one of the highest-profile technology research firms tracking, and the firm's estimates of product sales are commonly cited by Apple in its presentations. Gartenberg has long been a fixture in the research and analysis community, and has served as an occasional contributor to Macworld and other publications.

Article Link: Former Gartner Research Director Michael Gartenberg Joins Apple's Marketing Team
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 02:46 PM   #2
akm3
macrumors 68020

Two professions skilled at making things up and lying. Marketing and analysts. Lots of good skill cross-over there...

(I don't know THIS particular analyst being awful like say, Katy Huberty, but the profession has a worse rep than lawyers.)
Old May 22, 2013, 05:09 PM   #3
Spontida
macrumors regular

Creeper face o_o
Spontida is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 07:55 PM   #4
needfx
macrumors 68020

KGI Securities is hiring too
needfx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 07:56 PM   #5
Mystic386
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm3 View Post
Two professions skilled at making things up and lying. Marketing and analysts. Lots of good skill cross-over there...

(I don't know THIS particular analyst being awful like say, Katy Huberty, but the profession has a worse rep than lawyers.)
Lawyers have a far worse rep here.
Mystic386 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 01:35 AM   #6
Crunchy2k
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic386 View Post
Lawyers have a far worse rep here.
Market people give lawyers jobs and make interesting sayings:

'Your holding it wrong!' ipoor4g antenna attenuation problem.

'Starbucks is the place to chat and google.'

ipoor5 can't surf and cell. ipoor5 can't do cellular data and be in a call according to the manual. The ipoor5 requires wifi in addition to a cellular connection.

Last edited by Crunchy2k; May 23, 2013 at 01:46 AM.
Crunchy2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 09:54 AM   #7
albusseverus
macrumors 6502a

Evangelising to Analysts??

Helping Apple understand exactly how anal-ysts just pull stuff out of their butts, and how craft rumours better to manipulate said analysts and therefore the media/internet??

Actually I think he has one job and one job only - Helping Apple spin another year of 4" screen iPhones - because that's going to take a bulls*it artist of Jobsian proportions. Seriously. He's going to have to light-up a nuke under that cow-pie to get it to fly for another 12 months.
albusseverus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 11:10 AM   #8
allahditta
macrumors newbie

New Marketing star

Gartenberg' it is a macro minded people it may cover the emerging marketing technique for Apple. it has the strong interpersonal and research worker.
allahditta is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion