Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcsolas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
I just got the new lighted Logitech Easy Switch Bluetooth keyboard (K811).

So far the keyboard is great but I am having an issue after I downloaded the Logitech Preference Manager app. The keyboard is in the Sys Prefs area as discoverable but it keeps popping up trying to discover the keyboard and just hanging. It pops up even before I type in my password to login on bootup. See screenshot.

I would love to either stop this or figure out how to connect it. The keyboard works without it discovering the keyboard, so I am not sure what its really trying to do anyways.

The keyboard is very small but decent and with a good keypress feel, I am getting used to it. I would have preferred a larger one, I didnt realize it would be so small, there is some cramped keys, like the up/down arrow that I dont like too much.

The backlight fades away very quickly and is not customizable. I would love to figure out how to adjust this setting!

Also, the backlight setting keeps reverting to low even when I keep turning it up to full brightness. This seems to be a software glitch, as Ive only been using it for a few days and have already done this many times.

Hopefully Logitech improves the software, its a newer product and I think that is all that is lacking here.

Last edited:

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
I just got the new lighted Logitech Easy Switch Bluetooth keyboard (K811).

So far the keyboard is great but I am having an issue after I downloaded the Logitech Preference Manager app. The keyboard is in the Sys Prefs area as discoverable but it keeps popping up trying to discover the keyboard and just hanging. It pops up even before I type in my password to login on bootup. See screenshot.

I would love to either stop this or figure out how to connect it. The keyboard works without it discovering the keyboard, so I am not sure what its really trying to do anyways.

The keyboard is very small but decent and with a good keypress feel, I am getting used to it. I would have preferred a larger one, I didnt realize it would be so small, there is some cramped keys, like the up/down arrow that I dont like too much.

The backlight fades away very quickly and is not customizable. I would love to figure out how to adjust this setting!

Also, the backlight setting keeps reverting to low even when I keep turning it up to full brightness. This seems to be a software glitch, as Ive only been using it for a few days and have already done this many times.

Hopefully Logitech improves the software, its a newer product and I think that is all that is lacking here.
I've been throwing my eyes on this keyboard.

How is it compared to apple BT keyboard?

mcsolas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
I've been throwing my eyes on this keyboard.

How is it compared to apple BT keyboard?
I do not have experience with that keyboard. Prior to this I was using a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard-USB model. I was totally happy with this one, except the keys were hard to get used to (it was a windows keyboard). The only thing that got me looking was I added the magic trackpad, so there was less room wide in my desk tray and I still wanted to keep a mouse around.. so I tried to find a smaller keyboard. I am making do for now, the other one is close by... still trying to decide what to do.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
Ah. Too bad. I'm in need of a BT keyboard and really don't like the apples white non-illuminated key option, although I like the feel of it.

the 3 device fast switching is a bonus!

mcsolas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
Ah. Too bad. I'm in need of a BT keyboard and really don't like the apples white non-illuminated key option, although I like the feel of it.

the 3 device fast switching is a bonus!
I think there would be a lot of happy people out there if Apple came out with a backlit keyboard option. even a wired one... I am using a desktop.

Yes the 3 device switching shows promise. I have not yet had a chance to pair it with my phone and test it out : )

Update - I plugged it in and I think I will leave it this way full time. The backlight stays on and its much more functional for me.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.