Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
Obviously all of the data associated with my iCloud account is mine. Is there a way to map a network drive to my iCloud account to view what's in there and put stuff in it?

richliang

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2013
Locating my Iphone5 using icloud

Dear all, I lost my phone where i had installed the icloud inside.
now i try to locate my phone and i can only see other except locate
my iphone. I think the person must had off the location setting on the
iphone... can still locate my iphone using the id... pls help..

Thank you

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Obviously all of the data associated with my iCloud account is mine. Is there a way to map a network drive to my iCloud account to view what's in there and put stuff in it?

No, there's no way to map a network drive. If you want to store data on iCloud, you must use an app that supports it like Pages or Numbers. You may look into getting something like Dropbox. It's free and may be what you're looking for.

Dear all, I lost my phone where i had installed the icloud inside.
now i try to locate my phone and i can only see other except locate
my iphone. I think the person must had off the location setting on the
iphone... can still locate my iphone using the id... pls help..

Thank you

If you are unable to see your iPhone from iCloud.com, someone may have erased it, turned it off, or disabled location services. You can tell Find My iPhone to notify you once the device comes online from iCloud.com.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
No, there's no way to map a network drive. If you want to store data on iCloud, you must use an app that supports it like Pages or Numbers. You may look into getting something like Dropbox. It's free and may be what you're looking for.

No, it's not what I'm looking for.

Shame.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
No, it's not what I'm looking for.

Shame.

What are you looking for? iCloud isn't designed as a bucket for you to store things in. While it does all you to store certain documents there, I look at it more of a syncing service than a storage service.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
What are you looking for? iCloud isn't designed as a bucket for you to store things in. While it does all you to store certain documents there, I look at it more of a syncing service than a storage service.

I understand. I do already have a DropBox account, Google Drive and probably a handful of others (including EverNote). It just irritates me that iCloud is currently syncing my contacts, calendar, reminders, passbook and application data. Yet, the one thing I can't do is view the data (in it's raw form) on the drive, e.g. look at the Day One entries, check out iA Writer documents and the like. If it allowed me to do this and offered the ability to drop my own documents as well, I'd easily upgrade to more storage.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I understand. I do already have a DropBox account, Google Drive and probably a handful of others (including EverNote). It just irritates me that iCloud is currently syncing my contacts, calendar, reminders, passbook and application data. Yet, the one thing I can't do is view the data (in it's raw form) on the drive, e.g. look at the Day One entries, check out iA Writer documents and the like. If it allowed me to do this and offered the ability to drop my own documents as well, I'd easily upgrade to more storage.

I gotcha. If I could use it like Dropbox as well, I'd sign up for more storage in a heartbeat. I completely understand what you're saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.