Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:47 PM   #26
Samtb
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
Yea no way in hell will Apple release new iPads in spring which is disappointing.

Releasing everything in the last 3 months is probably a good reason why Apple getting crushed by their competitors, the market, the media, etc.

Apple needs to space out its products more.
I doubt they'd announce everything in the last 3 months, I think last 6 months is more likely. I think they have too many products to do everything in 3 months.
Samtb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 07:18 AM   #27
athletejmv
macrumors newbie

Hmmm

My guess is that a 5th gen ipad will not be released until the fall. The 4th gen iPad was obviously updated to compete with the new hardware in the market. Also, consider the recent release of the 128 GB iPad. Apple most likely would have waited to release this on a 5th gen given it would allow for bragging rights during their speech/release. So again, my guess is in the fall because Apple didn't wait to brag on itself for the updated 128GB iPad.
athletejmv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 08:40 AM   #28
Samtb
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by athletejmv View Post
My guess is that a 5th gen ipad will not be released until the fall. The 4th gen iPad was obviously updated to compete with the new hardware in the market. Also, consider the recent release of the 128 GB iPad. Apple most likely would have waited to release this on a 5th gen given it would allow for bragging rights during their speech/release. So again, my guess is in the fall because Apple didn't wait to brag on itself for the updated 128GB iPad.
Makes sense. And also I think it's unlikely they'd release a next generation ipad without ios7 and A7X chip and I don't see those coming until summer at least. So I think summer or fall for the next ipad.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 08:44 AM   #29
Scarpad
macrumors 65816

I'm glad I bought the mini when I did, and whether I upgrade or not to the first retina version will depend on how much thicker and heavier it will make it and Battery life. If those things are compromised I'll wait for another revision of the retina to upgrade, I love that the current mini has such a long recharge cycle, it makes up for the lack of retina
Old Mar 18, 2013, 08:59 AM   #30
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Like I have said elsewhere, iPhone before iPad so I do not except anything real soon. That is why I just bought a 4 and comfortable with my decision.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:15 AM   #31
gto55
macrumors 6502a

Thumbs up

Apple about to release an Ipad Mini Retina to compete with the upcoming Full HD Nexus 7 ?

Sources:
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...ini-in-q3-2013
http://news.cnyes.com/Content/201303...EFDJYGDE.shtml

gto55 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:18 AM   #32
Han Solo 1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto55 View Post
Apple about to release an Ipad Mini Retina to compete with the upcoming Full HD Nexus 7 ?

Sources:
http://news.cnyes.com/Content/201303...EFDJYGDE.shtml

Lol. "About to release" and rumors of a quarter 3 launch are hardly the same thing. Could be July, could be September. Which is what everyone has been saying.

Han Solo 1 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:23 AM   #33
myrtlebee
macrumors 65816

I'm sticking with my June guess
myrtlebee is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:30 AM   #34
youknome
macrumors regular

I highly doubt Apple are going to release all their products after September, why would they release a flurry of products and confuse their customers.
youknome is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:43 AM   #35
gto55
macrumors 6502a

Red face

iPad Mini 2 and/or iPhone 5S to be released with iOS 7 during June WWDC and iPad 6 in October ?

Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:58 AM   #36
athletejmv
macrumors newbie

And another thought...

I think Apple will most likely release a 5th gen iPad in the fall which will be completely renovated (design + hardware + features). Also, the 6x processor is more than powerful enough in the 4th gen ipad. There's no reason to update that so quickly. Another consideration is Apple must wait for technologies/components to mature i.e.screens, batteries etc. Not enough innovations in current hardware have occurred to release a completely renovated iPad. I could be wrong. And if so, I'll be looking forward to a 5th gen iPad in the near future (summer vs fall). Again, my guess is in the fall (September). The iPhone 5s will update (summer) to most of the current tech the Galaxy S-IV is sporting. The iPad, there's nothing to really compete again in my own opinion. The only new suggestion would be form factor and I think Apple will want to wait on more mature technologies before it can do much more with the current form factor. I think most of us will be wowed again with the release of the 5th gen iPad. No reason to rush it given the current market.
athletejmv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:08 AM   #37
gto55
macrumors 6502a

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by athletejmv View Post
I think Apple will most likely release a 5th gen iPad in the fall which will be completely renovated (design + hardware + features). Also, the 6x processor is more than powerful enough in the 4th gen ipad. There's no reason to update that so quickly. Another consideration is Apple must wait for technologies/components to mature i.e.screens, batteries etc. Not enough innovations in current hardware have occurred to release a completely renovated iPad. I could be wrong. And if so, I'll be looking forward to a 5th gen iPad in the near future (summer vs fall). Again, my guess is in the fall (September). The iPhone 5s will update (summer) to most of the current tech the Galaxy S-IV is sporting. The iPad, there's nothing to really compete again in my own opinion. The only new suggestion would be form factor and I think Apple will want to wait on more mature technologies before it can do much more with the current form factor. I think most of us will be wowed again with the release of the 5th gen iPad. No reason to rush it given the current market.
However, could apple let Google release a 1080P Nexus 7 without any competitors for 5/6 months ?

Quote:
Google Nexus 7 HD tablet to go head-to-head with Retina iPad Mini 2?

http://www.techdigest.tv/2013/03/google_nexus_7_3.html

Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:27 AM   #38
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamLondon View Post
This "it" that is pointing to "one thing" needs to be taken out back and shot, because it's delusional and leading people to believe all sorts of insane things.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtb View Post
When do you think well see a new ipad? It's actually starting to look like there won't be anything new from Apple until summer.
I don't think we'll see any new iOS devices until June or July.
ucfgrad93 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:21 AM   #39
athletejmv
macrumors newbie

Cool

Quote:
However, could apple let Google release a 1080P Nexus 7 without any competitors for 5/6 months ?

No way, I think the iPad mini will have a sooner release given that retina displays are already available and out in other devices
athletejmv is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:52 PM   #40
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

I know this is a "rumors" forum but with some far out speculations boarding upon wild hallunication in so many threads all I would like to say is "c'mon man".
AppleRobert is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:54 PM   #41
Samtb
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknome View Post
I highly doubt Apple are going to release all their products after September, why would they release a flurry of products and confuse their customers.
Why wouldn't they? In my opinion, the average consumer just buys whatever is on sale, if it meets their requirements or if its new enough.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 02:58 PM   #42
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknome View Post
Better that than have customers wondering what is next and deciding not to purchase because of that.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:22 PM   #43
gto55
macrumors 6502a

Smile

Quote:
Apple rumored to launch Retina iPad mini in Q3 2013

A new report claims Apple is gearing up to launch a second-generation iPad mini with Retina display in the third calendar quarter of this year, with a redesigned 9.7-inch iPad also in the works.

The details were reported on Monday by CNYes (via Macotakara), which said that Apple has not seen a significant decline in iPad mini shipments since the device launched in late 2012. In all, Apple is reportedly planning to ship 55 million iPad mini units in calendar 2013.
So the WWDC may only propose an iPhone 5S and the hypothetical renewal, at least the beginning, of iOS.

Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:04 PM   #44
Samtb
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

So the WWDC may only propose an iPhone 5S and the hypothetical renewal, at least the beginning, of iOS.
Is that the first release timeframe rumour which isn't an analyst prediction?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:09 PM   #45
Han Solo 1
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Given that the screen on the iPad mini, Apple's "answer" to the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire, isn't sporting an HD screen yet costs over $100 more, you should know by now that Apple doesn't care a whole heck of a lot.
Han Solo 1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:38 PM   #46
Fritter60
macrumors newbie

Not just specs which customers examine but the whole user experience makes the mini well worth the price esp over the Kindle
Fritter60 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:56 PM   #47
ct2k7
macrumors 603

I'm not s massive fan of releases being bunched up.
ct2k7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 06:15 PM   #48
racer1441
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocaresit View Post
With the recent analyst speculations and markets leaks.. it points to one thing; a keynote in April.
..but what updates might the iPad mini 2 receive? Retina Display? A6X? A7? 1GB RAM? 1.5GB RAM?
No, no it doesn't. Stop being gullable. Analyst know jack squat.
racer1441 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad