Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jun 25, 2013, 02:55 PM   #51
TheHateMachine
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by costabunny View Post
would it be wrong of me to say I think this thread a bunch of baloney?
That would be an insult to delicious bologna everywhere.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 02:59 PM   #52
CalWizrd
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostngone View Post
My first thought was I wouldn't want that fouling up the action of my gun when shooting. Then I thought if it has grease on/in each tip it might help lubricate the firearm and you would have the awesome side effect of the smell of bacon after the gun warms up. Anyone wanna work on maple syrup scented solvent?

I think I might need to investigate these more!
Hoppe's No. 9 - Maple Variant.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 03:11 PM   #53
Mac'nCheese
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrain View Post
I think I should point out that this is far from a novel idea. There was a war in the middle east almost a 100 years ago (I'll have to google and supplement this because I really don't remember the facts), in which the weapons were single shot, and there was something you had to pull off the cartridge in order to reload between shots. There was a rumor that floated around that the little tag you had to pull of was made of pork skin, and it affected the battle.

I might be completely making this up, but I swear it was something I heard a few decades ago. I'll be back in a minute after some google searching.

(edit) I'm finding nothing... perhaps I was mistaken, but I swear I heard this in a history class years and years ago.
That sounds familiar. Did you find anything?
Mac'nCheese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 03:40 PM   #54
hulugu
macrumors 68000

Apparently, "Black Jack" Pershing may have ordered his soldiers to dip bullets in pig's blood in his fight against the Moro people in the Philippines, though this might have been propaganda created at the time.

Additionally, the appears to be a history of burying fallen Muslim soldiers with pig carcasses, including beheading the man and sewing it up inside a dead pig, in order to keep him out of heaven.

War makes people crazy.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 04:28 PM   #55
skunk
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac'nCheese View Post
That sounds familiar. Did you find anything?
Indian Mutiny, 1857.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 04:42 PM   #56
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by costabunny View Post
would it be wrong of me to say I think this thread a bunch of baloney?
That's the wurst pun of the day.

Or this one is.
chown33 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 05:00 PM   #57
TedM
macrumors 6502

Pretty sure thats not how that works for the Islamic faith. But regardless this is incredibly offensive. Trying to make money off of racists is an interesting business decision smart men may not have taken.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:42 PM   #58
Don't panic
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve knight View Post
because they would be doing it to send said Muslim to hell. that's the reason to make these bullets. so not only to kill but to kill forever.
no, the whole concept is idiotic, but it is not at all what you are saying.
they would be doing to deter potential terrorists on the grounds that they would think they would go yo hell if shot.
there is -quite obviously, frankly- no presumption that the bullet would in fact send them to hell
just read the source, it's said plainly.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by renewed View Post
This is so ridiculous. I would like to know the background of the people making this ammo. To do this means they would have to actually believe Islam has it right. If they believe Islam is truth then one would imagine what they are trying to do would be against it and therefore their afterlife would be in big trouble.

It makes no sense.
again, it is ridiculous, but their basis is not that they themselves believe it is true, but just that the 'muslim trerrorists' do, so that would deter them from acting, in fear of being shot with those ammo.
Don't panic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:02 PM   #59
aerok
macrumors 65816

Wait a minute... By believing that those bullets will send Muslims to hell, does that not make make you a Muslim also since you believe in the Islamic laws to go to hell?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't panic View Post
again, it is ridiculous, but their basis is not that they themselves believe it is true, but just that the 'muslim trerrorists' do, so that would deter them from acting, in fear of being shot with those ammo.
That's not what the description says.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:26 PM   #60
Mousse
macrumors 65816

Quote:
The stupidity it hurts. Hopfully they will make one for Christians too so they don't look like they hate Muslims.
They do; plain, garden variety bullets. Since Christians believe that our going to Heaven or Hell is up to Jesus to decide. All you can do is arrange the meeting. As a Christian, I just gotta live the best I can and hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHateMachine View Post
According to Leviticus, Dueteronomy and Isiah... Swine is a forbidden food for Christians as well.
We are allowed to eat pig, since our God lifted the ban on eating all animals. (Acts 10: 9-16) Good thing too. I don't think I'd last very long without bacon.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:17 PM   #61
whoknows87
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
How soon till a innocent Muslim or someone that looks like a Muslim is shot by one of these bullets? I am surprised it has not happened yet.
The Sikh Temple shooting..didn't the shooter think they were ' muslim looking'
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:07 AM   #62
PracticalMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
No one ever went broke underestimating thew intelligence of the American public...
Honestly I think you are overestimating the intelligence of average middle eastern people.

Honestly, this "silver bullet" idea may actually strike fear in them.
PracticalMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:19 AM   #63
DesertEagle
macrumors 6502a

If the existence of these bullets actually would demotivate jihadists from waging holy war, then it's a great invention. After all, there would be less confrontations and lives would be spared that way. Spending eternity in hell will be a huge disappointment for everyone who would use the jihad-shortcut to get 70 virgins.

But with the marketing slogans "Peace Through Pork" and "There's Pig in the Paint" along with the intended use for it ("sending Muslims to hell"), I find it distasteful. I can only imagine what will happen in my afterlife if I actually try to send people to hell in this life.

If I have gotten a bothersome adversary out of my way in this life, why would I care about where he spends eternity?

Last edited by DesertEagle; Jun 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
DesertEagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues