Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ichuckydee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
hi i have recently come across my old sd camera cards and micros phone old phones.. i wanted to recover the images and vids off them. I have downloaded a number of diff programs but non seem to let me recover them just view the scans...

are there any free versions that will deep scan and recover to desktop for me? I would hate to spend 50+ on something i use once... please and thank you

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
hi i have recently come across my old sd camera cards and micros phone old phones.. i wanted to recover the images and vids off them. I have downloaded a number of diff programs but non seem to let me recover them just view the scans...

are there any free versions that will deep scan and recover to desktop for me? I would hate to spend 50+ on something i use once... please and thank you

What the heck do you mean by "recover"? All you need to do is drag the files onto wherever they need to be.

ichuckydee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
What the heck do you mean by "recover"? All you need to do is drag the files onto wherever they need to be.

im sorry, didnt realize that i left out that the cards were deleted. But not over writen. so i was able to do a deep scan on them and pull the images up but not "recover" as in save

ichuckydee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
What apps are you using?

ive used "stellar photo recove" "data rescue 3" those bothe pull the files up but have to pay to save them to my mac also tried "recuva" both mac and pc and that says nothings on there... trying to find something thats free to scan and recover them so i can save them individually and then eventually print them or whatever

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
ive used "stellar photo recove" "data rescue 3" those bothe pull the files up but have to pay to save them to my mac also tried "recuva" both mac and pc and that says nothings on there... trying to find something thats free to scan and recover them so i can save them individually and then eventually print them or whatever

How about Testdisk or Photorec?

ichuckydee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Which OS version are you using?

When they don't open, is there an error message that appears? What does it say?

i have the new mountain lion i believe i started using data recovery free... it pulled up the images with ease but now i see the videos but it wont let me view or save them?

Edie Brickell

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010

A free softawre will not recover all your data. You tried stellar phoenix and data rescue, both are good. Pay for one and recover your data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.