Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Hello, I previously decided to turn off automatic renewal of iTunes Mach. After I received an email that it had expired today, I decided I would purchase it again for another year.

The email I was sent by apple said I could repurchase iTunes Match by selecting the "turn on iTunes match" selection in the iTunes store pulldown menu of iTunes. I checked, and for some reason it was still set to on. I then selected to turn iTunes Match off, then back on.

When I did that, I am now getting an iTunes error (4002.) I am not able to turn iTunes Match back on. I am also not getting the prompt that would allow me to pay for another year. I am also missing the button on the itunes account page to let me select to renew.

I am now stuck being unable to renew iTunes Match. I have emailed iTunes about it today, any other suggestions from the community how to proceed?

Keithharold

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
iTunes Match non renewal

I had same issue with not being able to renew iTunes Match! I called Apple support & they directed me to an Apple website, sorry don't remember name. But it didn't help anyway! Couldn't get my subscription renewed! Called a number with iTunes support. She said you're one of the first ones to call about this! No luck with her & a senior advisor was given my case number, contacted me & will continue every few days to update me. I think they still don't have their heads wrapped around issue! So hang in there & here's hoping it gets fixed sooner than later

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
A day before it was set to expire I turned on auto renew to avoid something like this

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Still having issues, I sent an email to the executive support team. So far I can't get past the reboot computer, reinstall iTunes, type stuff to someone who will actually look at my account. Very frustrating.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Just to update everyone, I received a call from apple executive relations about my issue. They are escalating the problem to the engineering section of apple, so hopefully it will be fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.