Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otismotive77

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2013
Does the iPhone look like the htc one or the gs3? You're comparing different brands. A better example would be does the gs3 look like the gs4 and yes...Yes it does.

read your first comment. you were talking about "what can they change" you were saying""Make it rectangular just to be different for the sake of it". i was just telling you that how can a "rectangle slate witch a huge screen" look DIFFERENT, those example were just clarifying the FACT that, all gadgets nowadays are a rectangular slate with a huge screen yet, they look so DIFFERENT.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
New phone, same look...no news here. Hopefully they changed the coating on the black phone. Another scuffgate would be a problem. I saw a black 5 the other day that looked like pure hell turning silver all over.

pirg

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2013
read your first comment. you were talking about "what can they change" you were saying""Make it rectangular just to be different for the sake of it". i was just telling you that how can a "rectangle slate witch a huge screen" look DIFFERENT, those example were just clarifying the FACT that, all gadgets nowadays are a rectangular slate with a huge screen yet, they look so DIFFERENT.

First it wasn't me that made the original comment but thats ok I've made the same mistake before :D

Second, yes they can look different. No, there's not reason for Apple to make theirs look different for no reason. The iPhone doesn't look like the One or the S4. It is DIFFERENT from them. What you're suggesting is that Apple should just haphazardly change the design of their phone so that a couple people online can say "yay they're different!"? Why?

otismotive77

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2013
First it wasn't me that made the original comment but thats ok I've made the same mistake before :D

Second, yes they can look different. No, there's not reason for Apple to make theirs look different for no reason. The iPhone doesn't look like the One or the S4. It is DIFFERENT from them. What you're suggesting is that Apple should just haphazardly change the design of their phone so that a couple people online can say "yay they're different!"? Why?

i'm suggessting apple to change the iphone's design because it's almost 7 years old, boring and the worst part it's easily scratch-able (yet people criticize s4 for having a 1yr old design, but that's another point), and the most logical time to change the design is when they changed the iOS' design and layout. no one would use the same car (i'm talking about the design here) for his whole life even if the internals are kept up-to-date.

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
i'm suggessting apple to change the iphone's design because it's almost 7 years old, boring and the worst part it's easily scratch-able (yet people criticize s4 for having a 1yr old design, but that's another point), and the most logical time to change the design is when they changed the iOS' design and layout. no one would use the same car (i'm talking about the design here) for his whole life even if the internals are kept up-to-date.
That makes sense, except that Apple is working in a weird way.

Software user interface is worked on by marketing and industrial design. Not sure if they could pull through a well designed UI refresh and mechanics in the same year.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Now that some time has passed, it does seem that ScuffGate is real. I've only got a couple of minor scratches of approx 20 mm in length on mine, but I'm also very careful and must treat it like the fragile phone it is or they'd be worse.

Amongst those at work who have black iPhone 5's, mines very clean. Since most of us prefer to go without a case, most of the others are much more scratched up than mine.

However as one chap said, that's how one can tell its a genuine iP5, it's well scratched & worn looking.

If Apple made them silver the scratches wouldn't be to unsightly.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Now that some time has passed, it does seem that ScuffGate is real. I've only got a couple of minor scratches of approx 20 mm in length on mine, but I'm also very careful and must treat it like the fragile phone it is or they'd be worse.

Amongst those at work who have black iPhone 5's, mines very clean. Since most of us prefer to go without a case, most of the others are much more scratched up than mine.

However as one chap said, that's how one can tell its a genuine iP5, it's well scratched & worn looking.

If Apple made them silver the scratches wouldn't be to unsightly.

Yup and this is why for the first time ever I have the white phone, no scratch issues what-so-ever.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Yup and this is why for the first time ever I have the white phone, no scratch issues what-so-ever.

Yes the white iPhones are quite nice.

I chose black because it's my preference, and I was fully aware it would look rather dowdy after awhile.... oh well it's a reflection on Apple.

My years old 4S, is pristine, as are my MacBook's Pro and Air.

I take very good care of my gear, yet the black iPhone is particularly dainty and I'm not about to baby it. :D

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
Doubling down on secrecy huh? Notice how the Mac Pro is the only Apple hardware that was a complete surprise, and it's also the only hardware being manufactured in the USA? Not a coincidence. The Chinese factories' low-wage employees have no loyalty to the companies whose products they assemble, and copyright is not really respected culturally in China anyway.

Building products in China is bad for Apple's competitive advantage, which is innovating and reaping the rewards of innovation before competitors can copy them.

I hope the Mac Pro represents Apple dipping their toes in the water, and that we will see more products return to USA manufacturing.

They build in China so they can have gigantic profit margins.

Apple will never move their high-volume, high-profit devices to the US, unless the market in China changes and they have to pay those people similar to what they're paid in the US.

....at which point they'll move the manufacturing to whatever the next cheapest place is.

xArtx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
It seems none is too interested in what's inside running it,
which was where the real improvement was between 4 & 4S.

I'd get it for a faster processor any day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.