Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
And GGJstudios, may I ask you a question, were you aware that some Apps leave HIDDEN folders behind, even after following the steps in that video and your webpage you posted?
This is the first I've heard of an app that creates hidden files/folders as part of its installation, but as simsaladimbamba said, you can add that criteria to your search to catch those. Thanks for the "heads up"!

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
This is the first I've heard of an app that creates hidden files/folders as part of its installation, but as simsaladimbamba said, you can add that criteria to your search to catch those. Thanks for the "heads up"!

You are welcome GGJstudios :)

By the way, when I ran muCommander, I noticed there were some other hidden folders, can't remember them all, wish I had have taken notice to report, which I had to manually remove as well which the steps you outlined missed to delete.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You are welcome GGJstudios :)

By the way, when I ran muCommander, I noticed there were some other hidden folders, can't remember them all, wish I had have taken notice to report, which I had to manually remove as well which the steps you outlined missed to delete.
Adding the file visibility criteria to your search should find all of them.

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Adding the file visibility criteria to your search should find all of them.

Yep, thank you.:)

I wish someone would write a script or app that helps this process, as it can get tedious, especially for newbies to iMac as myself who want to install many Apps to play around with and test etc.

Once I have used iMac for awhile I will have a better idea what Apps I need and won't need to install so many Apps anymore. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.