Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Airplaying from my Windows 8 64-bit laptop to my ATV 3 was really temperamental - sometimes my library would display, other times it wouldn't. When the ATV saw my computer, sometimes it would stream a TV show from my library in a second or so, sometimes it would take 3 or 4 minutes to buffer enough to start (even with songs!). OK - maybe not an Airplay problem, but a problem nonetheless.

With iTunes 11.0.4.4 everything works as advertised. The ATV sees my computer every time. My library streams in seconds. And they have indeed improved the wireless device detection and syncing. I had given up on that, but iTunes sees my iPhone and iPad consistently now.

Happy camper here.

Last edited:

seniorchang

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
I also had given up on wifi sync. Itunes would either not see my iphone or sync would stop in the middle.

But with this update it seems to work again.

sulliweb

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
Don't get too happy. If it's the way it usually goes, they'll release a new update just after WWDC that will jack it all up again. I gave up on WiFi sync a year or two ago because just when they'd fix that, they'd release an update that would break it. :rolleyes:

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Don't get too happy. If it's the way it usually goes, they'll release a new update just after WWDC that will jack it all up again. I gave up on WiFi sync a year or two ago because just when they'd fix that, they'd release an update that would break it. :rolleyes:
Well you are just a ray of sunshine on this drab day!:D

Sym0

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2013
I found my W8 64-bit laptop would work fine, the only time airplay broke was when I started playing with home sharing. As soon as I turned on home sharing airplay just quit.

I turned off all sharing and printer sharing and it was back and has been no trouble since, but I now have 11.0.4 so if that issue is fixed then that is great news.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.