Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:31 PM   #176
toke lahti
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
I'm talking specifically about repair, not upgradeability. What does that have to do with repair?
My sister just had a faulty ram in her 2009 mac mini. Replaced the ram and she was glad that she didn't waste her money on applecare...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concorde Rules View Post
Go back 20 years and your probably find people complaining that the components on a motherboard are too small or hard to replace so it isn't repairable.

Technology is getting smaller. People don't care if it is easily repairable, they just want it to work.

This forum is full of tech enthusiasts and therefore care more about this stuff. 99% of tech is bought by people that don't give a monkies. They ain't gonna change mem sticks over or even notice they need to upgrade it.
I've doubled the ram on my MBP and also changed the hdd. Soldering ram to mobo in desktop is just plain planned obsolescence, nothing else. Nobody's saving any money or space with that, other than Apple. Stupid also that this is accepted from Apple, just because of "modern times". Isn't Apple supposed to think different?
5matteScreen&higherRez 13" 6lightport 7another fw(through ec ok)
8 10G-ethernet 9 xMac:desktopCPU+GPU,free pci-e,2 int. hdd
toke lahti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:55 AM   #177
champ01

Quote:
Originally Posted by crepuscular View Post
Here's a clue: just because something is less able to be repaired by an end-user or third party does not mean it can't be repaired or is not recyclable.

Apple recycled over 70% of its products by weight in 2011.
Here's a clue. Don't believe everything posted on Apple's website.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concorde Rules View Post
I think your getting yourself mixed up between repairability and recycle-ability.

A MacBook Pro made out of solid ally is pretty damn recyclable!!!
Pff Again someone who believes everything Apple tells them.
Stop watching fancy commercials and get your facts straight.

If you got a brick and scrape 80% out of it it doesn't matter if the 80% gets recycled. It's 80% more waste then it needs to be.

Last edited by champ01; Feb 19, 2013 at 07:03 AM.
  0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion