Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
2e4y8uda.jpg

People won't be happy until we get this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geckotek

muratime

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Dubai
I phone is a phone, a tablet is a tablet.
No need to build bigger phones.

Other companies have to release often to make revenue.
There's no other reason to change specs besides selling more units.

This is why the 5c is still expensive.
If Apple would enter the low-price, quick release cycle market they would drop like a stone.

For all others it's about units sold, not quality.

Buy a bigger phone, but be prepared to buy one every year, because you will not get any updates. That's the business. And Apple does not play along for a reason.

Hey pmau! and similars like you!
can you see now how non-sense you were talking about????
there are always people like you around, sad part, too much talking with superficial knowledge...
the day come and apple is releasing new 2 phones with much bigger screens.
where are the lecturers about phone is phone, tablet is tablet?
they will swallow their words and enjoy using new iphones..

Reactions: mtneer

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
there are always people like you around, sad part, too much talking with superficial knowledge...

This was actually a fun thread to go back and read. All those stalwarts so rock steady in their belief that Apple would never stoop so low as to offer a larger iPhone to the filthy, unwashed masses.

73b

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2014
East Coast

This was actually a fun thread to go back and read. All those stalwarts so rock steady in their belief that Apple would never stoop so low as to offer a larger iPhone to the filthy, unwashed masses.

They still will only offer 2 options. pmau is partially correct, they aren't releasing a multitude of cheap phones just to satisfy everyone's screen wants. Personally I am happy with 4 inches, but I will buy and enjoy 4.7", and that is the point.

What I am hoping for is that the 5.5" does not have too many hardware improvements over the 4.7", like OIS or a sapphire panel. That would be a huge mistake by Apple, forcing people who don't want giant phones to have the lower-quality counterpart.

Reactions: Geckotek

muratime

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Dubai
They still will only offer 2 options. pmau is partially correct, they aren't releasing a multitude of cheap phones just to satisfy everyone's screen wants. Personally I am happy with 4 inches, but I will buy and enjoy 4.7", and that is the point.

What I am hoping for is that the 5.5" does not have too many hardware improvements over the 4.7", like OIS or a sapphire panel. That would be a huge mistake by Apple, forcing people who don't want giant phones to have the lower-quality counterpart.

Can't believe still you are arguing about necessity of larger phones..
Pmau is nowhere right.. this thread was about something else..
pmau and people like him, told in this forum all about nonsense..
like no need for larger phones! - mistake 1
its a marketing decision not to have a larger phone! - mistake 2
apple does not want or apple does not need to launch larger phones! - mistake 3

by the way nobody is telling iPhone 5s size is wrong.

the problem is that.

there are a lot of brainless people, they see apple like a god, they think if apple does there shall be reason, they defend anything and everything blindly. they try to put some smart words behind it..
however life is so simple.. has no mercy
apple is just able to respond some part of the market..
from now on people will have the freedom to choose the size they use as per their private reasons..
same case for macbook pro, or airmac, or any other product which was different size in market..

APPLE YOU WERE LATE..
BUT BETTER BE LATE THAN BEING LIKE PMAU TYPE OF PEOPLE..

----------

73b
Apple will sure keep almost same capability for all sizes.. However due to size advantages there could be minor advantages..
like 5.5 can have optical image stabilisation
or it might have longer battery life
or even maybe it might have faster graphic card

but this is due to advantages comes with the size and it is also necessity to meed the demands of larger equipment like display..

muratime

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Dubai
I phone is a phone, a tablet is a tablet.
No need to build bigger phones.

Other companies have to release often to make revenue.
There's no other reason to change specs besides selling more units.

This is why the 5c is still expensive.
If Apple would enter the low-price, quick release cycle market they would drop like a stone.

For all others it's about units sold, not quality.

Buy a bigger phone, but be prepared to buy one every year, because you will not get any updates. That's the business. And Apple does not play along for a reason.

So Pmau, tell me now, which phone are you using?
No need to build bigger phones. THEN WHY APPLE DID?

Reactions: mtneer

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
I admire Apple like most of users here..

However I see lots of my friends and most people in internet demanding bigger screen phone.. (including myself). Most of them selecting/changing their phones due to mainly screen size reasons.

I am curious, why Apple doesn't launch bigger screen phone next to existing one?

I am happy with new functions of Iphone 5s like fringerprint, slow motion video etc.. however this was not consumer expectation. Why not first answering customer demand than make innovation...

I checked all internet, I couldn't find any official announcment why Apple ignores an OBVIOUS DEMAND from its users?
Such a blind attitude is that?

Why Ipad had different sizes? Why Macbooks in different screen sizes? then why ihone stuck to 4 inches only..

Can anybody explain this to me for god sake???

(maybe it is told, but I checked all forum titles, nobody is asking the obvious obviously...) we own a explanation from Apple

regards,

Murat
Apple has become conservative and afraid to get outside of their comfort zone. Content with milking their current customers via high gross profits, Apple is content. It's all talk and little action from the Cupertino Company.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC

2 years later I hate my iPhone 6 and wish it were smaller. I've never dropped and broken any iPhone as much as I have the iPhone 6.

I'm not pmau, but I never wanted a bigger iPhone and I am still not "swallowing my words". If Apple releases a 4-4.5" iPhone with the same features as the top model (not some feature deprecated iPhone SE)...I'll be the first to line up.

BTW, @muratime digging up a 3 year old thread to gloat and pick on one person is a petty thing to do.

Reactions: Trin813

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
Counter Question: Why did Apple build the SE and sold it so successfully?
Everyone needs bigger phones, right?

EDIT: I'm on an iPhone 6, not Plus

Reactions: 73b

73b

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2014
East Coast
Apple built the SE for a reason. I know a lot of people who prefer the 4" screen. Personally I am using a 6 right now and I have fully jumped on the large phone bandwagon. Next one will be a plus.

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
Apple has become conservative and afraid to get outside of their comfort zone. Content with milking their current customers via high gross profits, Apple is content. It's all talk and little action from the Cupertino Company.

Ok, now I'm convinced that "maxsix" is actually a bot. His posts seem to be just randomly strung-together Apple rants.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.