Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
When I go to the import window only Safari is indicated in the drop down window. I've made FF the browser, turned it on and off, done same with Safari and still can't find a way to import the FF for the toolbar or any bookmarks at all.
Downloaded Xmarks but all it says after sync is that it's done...but there are NO bookmarks anywhere.

Help, please. Have a great day.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
When I go to the import window only Safari is indicated in the drop down window. I've made FF the browser, turned it on and off, done same with Safari and still can't find a way to import the FF for the toolbar or any bookmarks at all.
Downloaded Xmarks but all it says after sync is that it's done...but there are NO bookmarks anywhere.

Help, please. Have a great day.
Which version of Firefox and Chrome are you using? Chrome 17.0.963.8 (the latest as of this posting) can import from Firefox, at least on Windows.

blatopilot

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2011
In firefox, go to show all bookmarks. Pull down the star menu. Export bookmarks to HTML - save that.

In Chrome, go to bookmarks manager -> import bookmarks from html file -> select the file you exported and you are done.

Boca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Using latest Chrome. 17 vs. I can make an html but then I have to rebuild all the tool bar, correct?

I'm looking to migrate over the bookmarks in the same config. as on FF.

Thank you.

furrina

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2004
In tha 212
I'm having the exact same problem. I got rid of my default file because it was corrupted and then synced with my google acct, but i want to import all my browser settings from firefox because the above got rid of them, but it only gives me safari as an option in the dropdown. My firefox and chrome are both up to date. I'm on mac OS 10.8.6
Seems like a weird bug to me. Is there any solution, even a 3rd party thing that will do it all? Other than export/import/recreate bookmarks?

thxxxx for any help
michelle

Boca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Still searching, no luck and no other suggestions. If I find a way or solution I'll let you know. Have a good day.

mubarak

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
Firefox Bookmarks Import to Chrome

I found a solution to this, but to apply it you will need to have access to a Windows computer.

1- Setup sync in Chrome between your mac and windows computers.
2- Setup sync in Firefox between your mac and windows computers.
3- Import Firefox bookmarks to Chrome in your windows computer.

Once you do this it will sync with your mac and you should have the same bookmarks in both systems.

Hope this will work with you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.