Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
I kno there are programs to export music from ipod's to computer, but is there a program to export photos from ipod to computer?

kugino

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2003
AJ Muni said:
I kno there are programs to export music from ipod's to computer, but is there a program to export photos from ipod to computer?
just find the photos folder when the ipod is mounted and copy those over to your computer...or are you looking for a Senuti-type app that does this?

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
kugino said:
just find the photos folder when the ipod is mounted and copy those over to your computer...

Nope didnt work...any1 else with an idea?

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Just to warn you that if you selected the 'Thumbnails Only' option in iTunes Preferences, they will only be tiny, but no I don't know of any apps to do this.

::20ROGERSC::

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
I did this post in a different thread earlier today:

Here's a script that should work for you based on what I use for my music. Open Terminal and type the following:

cd /Users/yourusername/Desktop/
mkdir iPod\ Picture\ Files/
cd /Volumes/(first three or so letters of your iPod's name as it appears on the desktop then hit tab, don't include these parentheses, it will fill in the info for you)
find . -name "*.jpg" -exec cp {} /Users/yourusername/Desktop/iPod\ Picture\ Files \;

It might take a while to finish since pictures are large files, and transfers from iPods are slow.

If you have picture files in formats other than .jpg (like .tif), just make another line like the one with .jpg in it like:
find . -name "*.tif" -exec cp {} /Users/yourusername/Desktop/iPod\ Picture\ Files \;

On your desktop, you should have a file with pictures in it. If it works, I'd open Automator and select "Run Shell Script". Type everything just as it appeared in Terminal (including what Terminal filled in about your iPod's name).
Then just hit "Run" in Automator...it may take quite a while to finish. If it works, save it as an application you can launch, or a plug-in for finder.

Keep in mind I only have an iPod Mini (no photos). But it did find jpegs in one of the folders on my iPod that I just use for backup of my photos.

If that's all too complicated, you can open Terminal and type this to reveal hidden files. Any pictures on your iPod are in hidden files (I assume):
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

Then look at your desktop, and click the iPod, and go through all those files and find your pictures. Copy them to your desktop or whatever you want. When you're done, type this to hide the files again:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

Or PM me with your username, your iPod's name as it appears on the desktop, and any formats that your pictures are in and I'll make the program for you.

Pomeroy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Missouri
That is exactly what I want to do also. I managed to save my music in that way with a software called senuti. But I did not find a solution to transfer the photos from ipod to mac so far.
Maybe open iPhoto or Image Capture and then connect your iPod. Either of these applications should allow you to import the photos to your computer.

Good luck!

Preview that came on your Mac will also import your photos. Plug in your device and under Previews File menu you will see an option to Import from your device. iPhoto will show your device in the sidebar ready to import also.

mrjones19

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
follow below steps to transfer photos from your iPad to Mac:

1. Turn your PC and iPad on.
2. Connect your iPad with your PC.
3. Open iTunes and select "Photos" under iPad.
4. Click and drag the desired photos to your desktop and it will be transfered to your PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.