Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
I have owned every iteration since the 3G, using the proceeds from selling the old generation to subsidize the purchase of the latest model. But, with the 5, I'm seriously thinking about keeping it at least until my contract is up. Hardware-wise it's everything I need. My 4S was already plenty fast, but its battery life was crap and I wanted the bigger screen and LTE of the 5. Now I have a great phone that gets great battery life. The only thing I really want is a bigger screen, but that probably won't be coming until 2014 if ever. Combine that with the fact that it is getting harder and harder to jailbreak iOS, and I think I will probably stick with my 5 until there is a compelling reason to upgrade (faster processor and better camera sensor will not cut it).

So, yes, I have historically bought every iteration. But, that will probably not be the case next time around.

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2009
I have since the 3GS probably won't do it this year unless some really
Great features are added.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
These are/have been my I devices till now... All Retail and traded locally :D

iPad 1 x 1 (Sold Off)
iPad 2 x 2 (Sold Off)
iPad 3 x 1 (Have)
iPad 4 x 1 (Have)

iPhone 4 (Sold Off)
iPhone 4S x 1 (Sold Off)
iPhone 4S x 1 (Have)
iPhone 5 64GB Black (Sold Off)
iPhone 5 32GB White (Have)

Apple TV
iMac 21"

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
I don't want to bother with selling the phone. I've only had the iPhone 3G and iPhone 4S. I probably won't upgrade until Apple gives us a "bigger" screen that is wider than the iPhone 5 screen. Or the iPhone 5 dimensions but with a tear drop shaped back, like what was rumored pre-iPhone 4S

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
The only reason I would upgrade is because of the lighting charger. My son has the iPad mini which uses the new charger type and it is very annoying carrying two different chargers every time we go out, for the same matter two different car chargers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.