Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteelBlueTJ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
USA
I have a Mac Pro with an ssd as my boot/os drive. Everything has always worked fine until today. I shut down my Mac Pro last night before I went to bed and everything was normal. So today I boot up like normal and I have 3 greyed out question marks in my dock where the 3 iLife apps were. I searched for them i the applications folder and they weren't there. I had to go back into the App Store and redownload all 3 of them. Why did my mac pro just randomly decide to delete iLife? Any thoughts? Does it have anything to do with the ssd? I mean I haven't done anything different lately. No os installs or anything.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I have a Mac Pro with an ssd as my boot/os drive. Everything has always worked fine until today. I shut down my Mac Pro last night before I went to bed and everything was normal. So today I boot up like normal and I have 3 greyed out question marks in my dock where the 3 iLife apps were. I searched for them i the applications folder and they weren't there. I had to go back into the App Store and redownload all 3 of them. Why did my mac pro just randomly decide to delete iLife? Any thoughts? Does it have anything to do with the ssd? I mean I haven't done anything different lately. No os installs or anything.
This happened to me, except it was 1Password what the heck happened? You figure out the problem?

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
II had to go back into the App Store and redownload all 3 of them.
What no backup?

I can't explain why apps should disappear from the Applications folder -- unless they weren't there to start with, but somewhere else. Question marks in the Dock will happen easily enough if the apps can't be found by the Dock.

Have you checked Spotlight to see if the apps can be found, but have been moved somewhere else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.