Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:51 AM   #27
FlashHead
macrumors regular

Nothing
FlashHead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:25 AM   #28
corvus32
macrumors 6502a

Nothing because how much extra speed do you need to hurl little pissed off birds into collapsible objects, play online scrabble, or FT with a friend?

Spreadsheets? A/V editing? 3D games? Buy a MBA or MBP and call it a day.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:39 AM   #29
Cobster
macrumors member

still nothing.... anymore?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:25 PM   #30
cang87
macrumors member

Yes.. 1-2 seconds of 'much' faster with A6X processor.. Not worth for an upgrade while there is a possibility of testing a brand new different hardware in the market. There is nothing only iPad 4 can and Mini can not. Everything works with iPad 4, works with Mini as well..

if you don't count the seconds while Safari is loading a web page, you won't even realize how fast is the device and compare it.. The only thing which makes a real difference is Retina display and the biggest part of this 'faster' processor is working for this Retina.. Not for a completely better performance..
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:55 PM   #31
jclardy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattopotamus View Post
The things you listed are exactly where you would notice a difference. Larger games with a lot of on screen action will run much smoother on the 4.
This is theoretically true, but most games are currently designed with iPad 2/3 hardware in mind. The iPad 3 performs essentially the same as iPad 2, but at twice the resolution.

Given that fact, most games will end up performing fine on the iPad Mini.

Web browsing will render pages faster, but it will still be more dependent on your wireless connection.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:00 PM   #32
Bleak
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzN1337c0d3r View Post
Because everyone has the same headache triggers as you am I right?

I get a headache when reading PDF documents with the mini, that is a FACT, not a myth or rumor.
My head hurt when I switched from a 19" monitor to a 23" wide screen monitor, hurt like hell the first time I played a FPS game. Got used to it after a few hours. Honestly what makes my head hurt more is how whiny people are on these forums. I have a rMBP and you'd think that given the feedback on this site it would be a garbage laptop, yet it's rated 9 - 10/10 everywhere and I agree with those reviews having had one with no issues.

TLDR; these forums suck ass and you should never judge a whether you should buy something based on them.
Bleak is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad