Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Are the "Find" commands now activated the Notes.app?

Screen Shot.png

They've been this way since 10.8.0.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Wow. NDA aside, you 10.8.3 developers are sure tight-lipped. :D

Oh yeah, "bump".

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
My <cough> "friend" sent me this:

Screen Shot1.png

10.8.3 still doesn't enable the Find commands. :(

I might be OCD about this but really Apple… what gives? I've been filing reports to you about this since 10.8.0.

Well, it's probably not going to change and since I'm the only one on the planet that actually uses the search commands in the Notes app I hereby instruct all of you to rename yours to: KBill.app.

What about shutdown?
My developer "friend" who shall <cough> remain anonymous tells me this:

I have 10.8.3 running off an external 5400 RPM drive by itself so it's going to be inherently slower than an SSD (well, duh). It's also difficult to put a pristine OS through its paces with nothing else on the drive. That said, Shutdown occurs almost immediately after several attempts. I even loaded up every "stock" app I could find before shutting down.

He also adds: I haven't chased down any log files yet to see if there is something different/fixed. This is just after casual use.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
My <cough> "friend" sent me this:

View attachment 381479

10.8.3 still doesn't enable the Find commands. :(

I might be OCD about this but really Apple… what gives? I've been filing reports to you about this since 10.8.0.

Well, it's probably not going to change and since I'm the only one on the planet that actually uses the search commands in the Notes app I hereby instruct all of you to rename yours to: KBill.app.

My developer "friend" who shall <cough> remain anonymous tells me this:

I have 10.8.3 running off an external 5400 RPM drive by itself so it's going to be inherently slower than an SSD (well, duh). It's also difficult to put a pristine OS through its paces with nothing else on the drive. That said, Shutdown occurs almost immediately after several attempts. I even loaded up every "stock" app I could find before shutting down.

He also adds: I haven't chased down any log files yet to see if there is something different/fixed. This is just after casual use.

that's real.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.