Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:05 PM   #101
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by srxtr View Post
Definitely front. People actually keep their phones in their back pockets?
I do but I don't sit on it, phone is straight as an arrow.
Interstella5555 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 03:18 AM   #102
bibinxa
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Responsibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by srxtr View Post
The fourth and last iPhone 5 is why I'm writing this post. In no way did I drop and crack the phone myself, but the Genius (at Apple Store on Third Street Promenade, Santa Monica FYI), that was assigned to my appointment, told me I had to pay $150 to get the screen replaced.

I was stunned. The cracked screen was not my fault, and yet they were asking me to pay for the damage?
I'm sorry but this is crazy. It's not Apple's responsibility to replace the screen YOU broke. Everyone says that it wasn't them. Let's put it this way.
You owned apple, and some crazy person came in and said they didn't crack the screen, give me a FREE replacement, would you? No. Why would you spend money on someone else's damage. It was obviously you because who else could have done it, and plus... it is your responsibility to look after it.
I'm sorry if this has sounded narky.
I agree with you for the rest though, sounds like you have been through a lot, might be time to buy a new iPhone, or go for the Android.
Good Luck!
bibinxa is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 09:19 AM   #103
aimee.elizabeth
macrumors 6502

Hey OP, I started a similar thread a while ago, but many people had the same experience as I did. I was lucky enough to get a replacement for something called a "hairline fracture" on my screen. You should read through for it for details and see if that applies to you. If it seems the case then you should go back to the Apple store.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1472353
aimee.elizabeth is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone