Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
If you want quality, original programming, they have no choice but to raise their price, which is a bargain.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
If you want quality, original programming, they have no choice but to raise their price, which is a bargain.
I agree, They are already beating out the big boys for viewers and awards. Why stop now, they need to continue to grow.

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
I just came back to netflix streaming and bluray after I cut the cable bill. I don't mind a few dollars more a month if they can offer more content. Still a whole lot cheaper than cable. Now if :apple: can get off their butts and release the Apple TV 4 to compete with Amazon I'll be a happy camper.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Heck, I would be happy if they were able to get better movies to stream. Don't get me wrong the original programming is good (Orange is The New Black and House of Cards), but the streaming service still needs some better movies and tv shows. I know it is not all their fault etc.

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Heck, I would be happy if they were able to get better movies to stream. Don't get me wrong the original programming is good (Orange is The New Black and House of Cards), but the streaming service still needs some better movies and tv shows. I know it is not all their fault etc.

House of cards was great! And they really do have great network television shows on there. But like you said the movies are severely lacking.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
why would anyone choose option 1? it seems stupid to even have it there if 2 screens and HD is the same price. :confused:

anyway ... i just cancelled my dvd portion and kept the streaming. I find that I have less and less time to watch tv and movies. I will see how just the streaming works out and if i don't use it i will be canceling that too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 2.29.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 2.29.08 PM.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 102

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
why would anyone choose option 1? it seems stupid to even have it there if 2 screens and HD is the same price. :confused:......
Some don't have unlimited data streaming and pay for it by the GB ...... also for information: the viewing choices are greater on DVD than streaming.

larrygornick

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
Some don't have unlimited data streaming and pay for it by the GB ...... also for information: the viewing choices are greater on DVD than streaming.

Yeah, they have everything on dvd... Not so much on the streaming. I canceled both of mine when I realized that I was watching less than one or two movies a month. I just go to Goodwill/ yardsales, and buy old vhs tapes for 25 cents a piece. I'm fine with lower quality. I just want to watch the story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.