Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
i bought me a new iPad last saturday, a white one 16g wifi only. and I'm very happy with it, nothing new, i have had iPad 1,2, all iPhones, and mac user etc etc.

the screen its absolutely perfect, no dead pixels, no pink or leaks, nothing. just perfect. i have tried tons of apps, and it doesn't get hot at all. it takes exactly the same amount of time to charge than my iPad 2. around 3 hours, it gets charged pretty quick.

so i don't get it ? why everybody on the forum says it takes forever to charge ?? and get hot ? and several screen issues??

why mine is perfect ? I'm a just a lucky guy ??? :D

and yes its a new iPad, not iPad 2, i have the 2 also, so i know the difference

:p

I never complained about the iPad. As for the battery charging, yes it will take longer to charge than the iPad 2 due to having a larger battery (can't refute that, but it's not as bad as some people make it). I wouldn't say that you're lucky, i'd say that some people are unreasonable and test their products in conditions in which a normal person would not use it. It's a $500 device, not a $50,000 car.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
i bought me a new iPad last saturday, a white one 16g wifi only. and I'm very happy with it, nothing new, i have had iPad 1,2, all iPhones, and mac user etc etc.

the screen its absolutely perfect, no dead pixels, no pink or leaks, nothing. just perfect. i have tried tons of apps, and it doesn't get hot at all. it takes exactly the same amount of time to charge than my iPad 2. around 3 hours, it gets charged pretty quick.

so i don't get it ? why everybody on the forum says it takes forever to charge ?? and get hot ? and several screen issues??

why mine is perfect ? I'm a just a lucky guy ??? :D

and yes its a new iPad, not iPad 2, i have the 2 also, so i know the difference

:p

That's good for you now enjoy it, my $1000 lottery ticket(screen) just didn't give me great odds because I lost. If I wanted to gamble on a device I would have taken my money to a tax for the stupid lottery center and bought a $1000 worth of scratch tickets. This is my second iPad and all I can say is my time and money isn't worth another gamble, it is ridiculous and so frustrating having to go through this .

So enjoy your iPad you won the jackpot!

Last edited:

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
well now im wondering the same, im going to drop it to 0 again and plug it and check the charging time, but that was my firdt impression. im going to give it another try

Don't make draining the battery a habit as that may shorten the life of today's rechargeables. Apple recommends draining it once a month just to recalibrate the battery meter.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Thats because most people don't have problems, but the few who do come here to complain about it, then a bunch who don't even own an iPad come in to jump on the wagon of the few who have an issue which turns into the <insert blown out of proportion problem here>gate threads.

It's not that some new ipads have "problems" and others don't, it's just that users' perceptions vary. I had a new ipad for a week, and yes, it gets noticeably warmer than the ipad 2. But is that a "problem"? Depends on whether it bothers you. IMO, the warmth was enough that I could see it bothering some people but also slight enough that I could see it not mattering to many others. So really, the "problem," or lack thereof, is in the eye of the beholder. But it's not that some ipads are different from others.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
It's not that some new ipads have "problems" and others don't, it's just that users' perceptions vary. I had a new ipad for a week, and yes, it gets noticeably warmer than the ipad 2. But is that a "problem"? Depends on whether it bothers you. IMO, the warmth was enough that I could see it bothering some people but also slight enough that I could see it not mattering to many others. So really, the "problem," or lack thereof, is in the eye of the beholder. But it's not that some ipads are different from others.

Some iPads are different than others and that's a fact that I experienced, my first iPad was almost a burn to the touch. I am on my second iPad and do the exact same tasks as I did on my first and it is much much much cooler .

Let's not start making uneducated comments on here because you just haven't experienced it!

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Don't forget many people who have great iPads, don't come here and tell us (usually). Those with issues come here and ask help. You can't judge things like this based on this forum alone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.