Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 19, 2013, 07:14 AM   #1
06Honda
macrumors regular

Web Page Capture

I use a Macbook pro and am looking for an app that allows me to capture a full web page regardless if the full web page is not visible on the screen. So far I have only able to do partial pages and if I use a selection theres no way to over the page up or down to grab the full page. If the built in Grab app can do it, how do you scroll when using selection to get the complete page. I tried this on the side bar but no joy. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by 06Honda; Jul 19, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
06Honda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 07:21 AM   #2
maflynn

I believe both Snagit and little snapper (which appears be getting upgraded soon) can do what you're asking, a scrolling screen capture.

I like LittleSnapper on my Mac but I use Snagit on my PC at work. I'm waiting to see how Ember (little snapper's upgrade) will be before deciding to switch over to Snagit.

If you're looking for screen scraping (taking the web pages instead of screen printing them) then google screen scrape. I have no experience with those types of apps
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:35 PM   #3
jamesdmc
macrumors regular

Another vote for Little Snapper. I've been using it a long time and I purchased it for the same reason: full scrolling web page snapshots.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:19 AM   #4
maflynn

Looks like RealMacSoftware posted a teaser video of their LittleSnapper upgrade/replacement. Looks interesting
Old Jul 20, 2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Victor Star
macrumors member

I capture some different forum pages that I want to save by printing to a PDF and using a custom page size. The custom page size keeps it all as one document instead of several pages. I've setup a few different page sizes to start with like 8 " x 20" and then adjust from there so I don't have a lot of white space at the end of the document.
Victor Star is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 03:53 PM   #6
Michaelgtrusa
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Honda View Post
I use a Macbook pro and am looking for an app that allows me to capture a full web page regardless if the full web page is not visible on the screen. So far I have only able to do partial pages and if I use a selection theres no way to over the page up or down to grab the full page. If the built in Grab app can do it, how do you scroll when using selection to get the complete page. I tried this on the side bar but no joy. Thanks for any help.
Sparkbox is good.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:03 PM   #7
flynz4
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Honda View Post
I use DevonThink Pro Office (DTPO) as the heart of my paperless life. It includes a "clip to DevonThink" icon in the browser toolbar that creates a web archive... puts it into DevonThink, and creates a full index of keywords... and then lets you search your database using artificial intelligence providing visual relevance bars to your search criteria.

No doubt... DTPO is overkill for what you want... but if you ever decide to go to a full paperless environment, the application is probably second to none.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store