Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:19 AM   #26
IndoX
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Speaking from experience - from both an external applicant and former apple employee - Apple will either move you up a step in the hiring process or leave you behind. There's no middle man.

You can't call back and ask for feedback. Once they've deemed you are currently not a perfect fit for the company they move on.
IndoX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 08:35 AM   #27
raistbranch
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoX View Post
Speaking from experience - from both an external applicant and former apple employee - Apple will either move you up a step in the hiring process or leave you behind. There's no middle man.

You can't call back and ask for feedback. Once they've deemed you are currently not a perfect fit for the company they move on.
That's rude and there is nothing more to add.
raistbranch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2013, 05:05 PM   #28
jav6454
macrumors G5
 
jav6454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistbranch View Post
That's rude and there is nothing more to add.
Welcome to the real world. It is rare to find any company that will tell you directly, sorry not hired. Companies just say we'll call, but if they don't take it as they moved on.
__________________
Al MacBook 2.4GHz Late '08 | 5 S⃣ | Macross Click Me
jav6454 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:57 AM   #29
raistbranch
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post
Welcome to the real world. It is rare to find any company that will tell you directly, sorry not hired. Companies just say we'll call, but if they don't take it as they moved on.
I did interviews with several big companies and I have always got the feedback.
In addition the fact that "no giving feedback" is common, it does not mean that is polite.
Apple is rude.
raistbranch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:04 PM   #30
jav6454
macrumors G5
 
jav6454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistbranch View Post
I did interviews with several big companies and I have always got the feedback.
In addition the fact that "no giving feedback" is common, it does not mean that is polite.
Apple is rude.
Like I said several companies will not do it. Apple is one of them. Stop crying over spilled milk and move on.
__________________
Al MacBook 2.4GHz Late '08 | 5 S⃣ | Macross Click Me
jav6454 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2013, 02:22 AM   #31
raistbranch
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post
Like I said several companies will not do it. Apple is one of them.
Common and good-mannered are not synonyms.
In addition approving these behaviours, claiming that they are "common", does not sound good because Apple's main slogan is "think different".

I have just moved on, I am only pointing out about the very rough behaviour of Apple.

Last edited by raistbranch; Jul 1, 2013 at 02:52 AM.
raistbranch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 03:30 PM   #32
sdilley14
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
I don't know that it is Apple's rude behavior, as much as it might just be that particular recruiter's rude behavior. This may or may not be common with the application process at Apple?

I don't agree that it is rude that they didn't call you back. But the fact that you gave them ample time then reached out twice and didn't get any sort of follow up...that seems rude to me. They should have at least sent out a "sorry, not hired, thank you for applying" letter if they have in fact moved on.
sdilley14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 09:58 PM   #33
BMNEUR
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Louisville
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdilley14 View Post
I don't know that it is Apple's rude behavior, as much as it might just be that particular recruiter's rude behavior. This may or may not be common with the application process at Apple?

I don't agree that it is rude that they didn't call you back. But the fact that you gave them ample time then reached out twice and didn't get any sort of follow up...that seems rude to me. They should have at least sent out a "sorry, not hired, thank you for applying" letter if they have in fact moved on.
I have heard that the recruiter in my area takes approximately 4 weeks to get back to you due to scheduling based on a few other specialists that I've talked to, which is why I'm kind of on the fence on deciding whether or not I should apply. As far as I know, this is just for the retail division. Experiences may very.
BMNEUR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 09:21 PM   #34
RydiaRelm
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
*

Last edited by RydiaRelm; Oct 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM.
RydiaRelm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 09:24 PM   #35
famous600
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistbranch View Post
Common and good-mannered are not synonyms.
In addition approving these behaviours, claiming that they are "common", does not sound good because Apple's main slogan is "think different".

I have just moved on, I am only pointing out about the very rough behaviour of Apple.
They are thinking different. Someone different for the position
famous600 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 01:14 AM   #36
ToddJay
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistbranch View Post
Common and good-mannered are not synonyms.
In addition approving these behaviours, claiming that they are "common", does not sound good because Apple's main slogan is "think different".

I have just moved on, I am only pointing out about the very rough behaviour of Apple.
I certainly sympathize with the situation and outcome you just had. I had applied to Teletech@Home and for 2 months they screwed me finely, led me on high, so much interest, tons of follow ups and updates, i could have sworn me and that recruiter had something, and then the day came when i got the email saying they didn't want me, i felt like a cheap used piece of meat..normally i like that feeling, but that day I was sad
ToddJay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 01:23 AM   #37
thekev
macrumors 603
 
thekev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistbranch View Post
Common and good-mannered are not synonyms.
In addition approving these behaviours, claiming that they are "common", does not sound good because Apple's main slogan is "think different".

I have just moved on, I am only pointing out about the very rough behaviour of Apple.
Companies should have the decency to respond, especially when it takes very little effort to respond to a followup email. If you don't hear back after the first, it's time to move on. You could always try applying for a different role a year from now. I wouldn't read into marketing slogans or even call them slogans anymore.
__________________
world's largest manufacturer of tin foil hats, none of that aluminum foil crap.
thekev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 01:35 AM   #38
Big-TDI-Guy
macrumors 68030
 
Big-TDI-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I would like for the business world to level out when it comes to employees.

It's been very hard to grasp, how a company which tends to have a lot more disposable income, and greater levels of protection - can just drop potential hires without any courtesy at all.

Yet if you showed the same courtesy towards them - not answering calls, not following up - your ass is grass, and you'll likely be blacklisted to boot.

Then there is the "2 weeks notice" should you leave - but layoffs / firings are almost always instant, without warning. I understand some of why they do it - but most workers do not have the same level of protection, and stand to lose much more without their jobs.
Big-TDI-Guy is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 03:37 AM   #39
Akarin
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nyon, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-TDI-Guy View Post
I would like for the business world to level out when it comes to employees.
One of the first step in this direction would be for companies to stop referring employees as 'resources' and use the term 'people'. That would go a long way already.
__________________
Teach yourself how to code with Swift: Code with Brick
Akarin is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2013, 09:18 AM   #40
GermanyChris
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
One of the first step in this direction would be for companies to stop referring employees as 'resources' and use the term 'people'. That would go a long way already.
Yup, it's much harder to downsize when your firing a person with a family to feed. Americans don't value themselves much, we're good with being a resource like all others.
GermanyChris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2013, 09:51 AM   #41
jbachandouris
macrumors 68000
 
jbachandouris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Unfortunately, no feedback is usually the case. I have been looking for work for quite some time now and although the 'Although your qualifications are impressive...' emails are annoying at least you know.

I have been to 2 hiring events at Apple and heading to my 3rd on Friday. Any pointers from those who have successfully gone to one of those?
__________________
iPhone 6+ 128GB
iPad Air 32GB
MacBook Pro 13", Mid 2012
Apple TV
jbachandouris is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Being late for job interviews: Automatically disqualified? Yes or no? Misskitty Community Discussion 57 Mar 29, 2014 11:03 AM
External Compliance Monitor: Apple is Blocking Interviews, Disrupting E-Book Antitrust Investigation [Updated] MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 117 Jan 11, 2014 09:59 AM
Why is Apple selling a cheap phone and not a larger screen phone? Apple is regressing mtnbikerva1 iPhone 139 Aug 27, 2013 09:38 AM
Harry McCracken Interviews Apple Ad Man Ken Segall MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 36 Aug 9, 2012 11:26 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC