Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Adding to its extensive line of iOS device docks and accessories, Philips today announced a slew of new devices that take advantage of iOS apps. The first set of accessories includes security monitors that allow users to control their cameras via their iOS device.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-06-at-6.07.30-PM.png
Philips In.Sight

Available for both Apple and Android, Philips In.Sight (M100D) is designed to give you added security. The camera monitor allows you to see what is happening in your home directly through your smartphone or tablet wherever you are via 3G, 4G LTE, Edge or Wi-Fi networks. An app notification will immediately alert you to any movements or noise in your house and then make a video recording of the event, which is then automatically uploaded to your free Dropbox account, so you can view any activity immediately, privately and securely. Or, if you want to keep an eye on children or a pet, simply tap on your screen for real-time viewing.

Philips In.Sight Baby Monitor

To keep you close to your baby at all times Philips has developed the In.Sight Baby Monitor (B120). A 2013 CEA Innovations Award winner, the B120 is it is the ideal nursery accessory as it works with the iPhone and iPad. It allows you to watch and listen to your baby from anywhere on your iPhone or iPad, making it the ultimate baby monitor for the smartphone generation.

Philips InRange

InRange works with Bluetooth 4.0, the latest in Bluetooth technology, and is compatible with the iPhone 4S and the latest iPad. Philips InRange is simple: a thin credit-card shaped leash, which measures just 3.8mm thick, is inserted into your wallet, or placed in the protective pouch that attaches onto your luggage or keys. This then connects to the app and creates an invisible leash to your phone. You can set the range of the leash - either far or close - depending on your preference, and be safe in the knowledge that your belongings are connected to you.
The apps for the InRange of products are optimized for at least iPhone 5 and iOS 6. The InSight will retail for $129.99 while an HD version will be $229.99 while the Baby Monitor will retail for $169.99. The InRange will retail for $49.99 and all of these will be available at the Apple Store this month.

Philips has also unveiled several new docks for iOS devices. The first is the TwinPlay, which allows users to split streamed video content to two people when traveling long distances. It connects to an in-car charging port and comes with two screens, either in 7 or 9 inches. The Twin Play is available now for $169.99 for the 7-inch model and $199.99 for the 9-inch model and work with 30-pin iDevices, although the iPad can't fit in the cup cradle.

Party-Machine-fwp3200d05.jpg
Party Machine Dock
In partnership with Algoriddim, the creators of hit app djay, Philips is releasing the Party Machine dock. You can hook up two iPod Touches or iPhones to turnstyle-docks and, using the djay app, you can mix the music as a DJ with traditional DJ-ing equipment would. The dock also has channel faders that allow you to fade in between the two iPods, all while built-in lights sync to the music you're playing. It's set to retail this month for $349.99 and is compatible with iPods and iPhones with 30-pin connectors. Lightning versions will be available in the future at some point.

Article Link: Philips Announces New Line of App-Enabled Docks and Accessories

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Lightning versions will be available in the future at some point.

LOL! In other words: "Don't count on us making a currently compatible model in the near future. For now, buy this expensive accessory that's already obsolete." At that price, they should have made it Bluetooth.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Thanks Philips for taking my idea of a baby monitor built w/ a smartphone as main monitoring device. I was working on it but meh.. time to move on to another idea. Honestly, surprised that it has taken this long for a company to get w/ it and make a smartphone based monitor that's not just a "webcam". If you're a parent you understand that a webcam can work but isn't optimal.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I'm not sure whats worse. The lack of Lightning support or that ugly 'Party Machine Dock'.

erinsarah

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2011
Out of Range?

And what happens when the In Range goes out of range? I would think this item would only be useful if it explodes like 007's car once someone runs away with your wallet.

braddicted2mac

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Canada
Dj machine will bomb !!! guess it will be total right off for phillips !

----------

The baby monitor sounds like it is nice and simple device of people who don't want to do a lot of configuring.

the monitor is about the only thing that looks useful. Bought a baby monitor years ago cost 200$ this would have been a better useful solution as the monitor i bought is useless now and gets bad recepition ! and really always did !

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I use my old iPhone4 as a CCD camera for this reason, but I still think I will be getting one of the Phillips cameras, if the price is low enough. (yes I am hoping for a price drop)

Being in my office, working on Videos or music, is not exactly compatible with hearing UPS or FedEX showing up at my door!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.